Sidetracked

That's it.. get angry.

I'm not mad... I'm- Nope, I'm mad. Seeing someone I care about, who I only got to see again after two months so recently, is on the ground and unconscious. The worst comes to mind and I feel my legs grow weaker by the second.

Instead of sadness or fear, my brain automatically switches to anger. I've been rewired and programmed a certain way, which continues to bother me. "Oi!" I lose my pain instantly, focusing my thought on this tiny bitch. Okay, maybe I went too far, but I kinda really want to fight her now. Just to take out some stress.

Her head jolts to me, and I sense her extreme fear overrun her once calm and relieved thoughts. She seems to fragile, though, she still seems to hold her ground. I mean, good for her I guess.

"Yeah, you!" I huff, smiling oddly. It wasn't due to positive emotion, it was because of my mix and confusion that's been running around my head. I continue to resist my urge for bloodlust.

"M- m- m- m- me?" Her hand begins to shake as she points to herself. I immediately felt slightly bad for bringing such a fright to her, but as usual I don't change my facial expression.

"Yes... Was that you?" I point to Kugisaki, now cowering over and looking down at the petite, innocent-looking figure. I feel my body shake, wanting to punch into the tree behind her.

She looks at her phone, seeming to be on call with someone. The phone says something but I grab it, dropping it and stomping on it. All while looking into her soft, fear-filled eyes.

She slowly nods, and I notice her jaw shake. Her hand holds her face, in attempt to stop the shaking.

Did she kill her? For some reason, the thought of Kugisaki being killed, let alone dead, breaks my heart. I just need to break down and scream. It's my fault, I let stupid emotions get the best of me. Maybe if I came sooner...

This is supposed to be a fucking game. I didn't know it was life or death?

My vision grows blurry as I begin to resist my tears from falling. It overflowed so much like a cup of water filled to its brim, soon loosing a few drops. My tears trail down my cheeks and it gets a reaction from the fragile girl in front of me. She seemed confused at my reaction, though, soon coming to a realization.

"Is she dead?" I sniffle, still keeping intense eye contact. I feel my lips tremble and my chest expand greatly as I heavily breathe. I couldn't keep my breaths steady.

She slowly shakes her head, in attempt to stay calm, she continues to tremble beneath my presence. I sigh, relieved she isn't dead. She still is knocked out, so I have somewhat of an excuse to fight her.

Once again, this was supposed to be a game, this was no where near the objective.

"Good... I won't kill you then" I exhale and wipe my tears, soon taking a few steps back. I assume a combat stance, ready for her to do the same. Well, she seemed too nervous to even comprehend what I was saying.

Her eyes widen even more, and she gets stiffer. "Are you surprised? Why are you so nerve-wracked?" I ask, tilting my head. I spoke casually and calm, making sure she felt at least a bit less nervous. I need a more fun opponent, not some nervous girl who can't move.

She takes a deep, shaky breath, "Y- you're the vessel," She says, pointing to me.

Well no shit

"No way... I've been living my life in a lie!" I sarcastically speak, then lose the act, cracking my neck and knuckles. "That Zenin girl was terrible at hand in hand combat, hopefully, you won't be as boring," I say, looking to her with a straight face.