Twenty Six

"The small radio is hidden on the inner lining of your jeans. Olivia, it's important that you make sure you bring this with you in to the Volkov compound. If you don't plant this in there, we have no way of knowing where you are and we won't be able to come get you." Alexia spoke and I nodded making sure that she knew I understood what she was saying. Elias was sat on a bed, staring at Alexia and I with an expressionless face. I smiled at him and he returned it though it barely reached his eyes. I felt on my jeans and sure enough there was a small bump that dug into my skin. It was funny, that this tiny thing that separated me from life and death. "Well, then you're all set.  I will be waiting by the car, come out when you're ready but please don't take too long." With that Alexia left the room, leaving Elias and I alone. I sat next to him on the bed, not really knowing what to say. Was this a 'goodbye' or a 'see you later' moment, I wasn't sure. Elias let out a heavy sigh, turning to look at me with sad eyes.

"You don't have to do this you know, you can still back out." I looked at him, briefly taking the time to memorize every part of his face. "What are you doing?" He asked as I began to trace his jawline with my finger.

"I'm memorizing your face so that I'll have something to cling on to while I wait for you to come."

"Olivia, "He sighed holding on to my hand as if he was scared to let me go. Watching Elias act this way, watching him be concerned for my well-being, watching him show me that he cared made me want to do nothing more than press my lips firmly onto his own, and so I did. It came as a shock to him and he froze up for a second before he relaxed under my touch and began to move his lips softly against my own. I wanted more, I wanted to reach over and take his shirt off, I wanted his body to press against my own, I wanted to feel loved and I wanted to be shown love. However, I knew I couldn't not only because people were waiting for us outside but also because of the fact that I knew that I simply wasn't ready for Elias, for anybody to see that part of me. With that, I withdrew from his embrace, standing up slowly.

"I have to go." I whispered, turning my face away from him so he wouldn't see the frightened tears that were now streaming down my cheeks. Elias stood up, holding my face gently with both his hands. He leaned down and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek before using his thumb to wipe away my tears.

"You're so brave, " He whispered suddenly hugging me tightly. Eventually he let me go and I gave him one last smile before walking towards the door. "Olivia," He called one last time and I turned my head to look at him. "I'll be there as soon as possible, I promise." I didn't say anything as I opened the door and walked out the room. Outside, James, Sander and Adam stood up as soon as they saw me enter the room. James and Sander rushed over to wish me luck while Adam took his time to walk me out towards the waiting car.

"You're really brave." He said, teeth chattering due the cold Russian air.

"Elias said the same thing, I'm really not." I answered, crossing my arms as I rubbed the sides to try and keep warm. "I'm actually quite selfish actually." I whispered the last part so Adam didn't hear. We didn't say anything else as we walked side by side towards the car. From the corner of my eye I caught Adam stealing glances at me on several occasions, looking like he wanted to tell me something. By the time we had reached Alexia, he still hadn't said anything so I chose not to pursue it, now was not the time for that anyway. Just like Elias, he took the time to hug and tell me that they'd be there as soon as possible before going back inside.

"You ready to go." Alexia asked and I nodded, getting in to the car. Alexia got into the driver's seat while Louis slid in next to me in the passengers seat. As we drove, I couldn't help the tears falling down my face. I was scared, petrified about what was going to happen next but for some reason I just couldn't find it within myself to back out. Perhaps it was the fact that so many people were depending on me or the fact we had already made it all the way here; either way, quitting just didn't seem like the right thing to do. Suddenly, I felt Alexia reached back and hold my hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. She didn't say anything,she didn't look at me either, she just held on to my hand, in a purely platonic way, letting me know that she was there for me and at that moment that was all I needed.