Forty Two

Thank you @hopefultrail for voting, if you want a mention then all you need to do is vote and/or leave a good comment. I'll be a dedicating each chapter to a frequent voter! It's my way of saying thank you for reading. There are Forty plus chapters plus the chapters to come so that means there are around fifty slots for a dedication, all you need to is vote and comment and then you'll win a dedication!

It was a quiet, late Sunday afternoon, when Matteo finally decided to show his face again. The heartbreak of Elias ending things between us was still fresh and I had even asked Adam to leave, wanting nothing than to be alone with my thoughts and the happy memories that I still had of Elias. Because that's all I had left now, nothing but memories and a few of his shirts that he had left behind. I was wearing one of them, his favourite black Led Zeppelin shirt that I had once spilled apple juice all over, it was hot that day so I remember Elias just remained shirtless for the rest of the day while the shirt was in the wash, resulting in a lot of making-out and several steamy sessions in bed. The memory was still fresh in my mind adding more weight to the already unbearable pain I was feeling. I had been sitting on the front porch for the most of the afternoon, a blanket wrapped around me as my mind raced with the various ways I could have done things differently but eventually my head began to hurt and I decided it was time to retreat inside. Upon entering the house I immediately noticed something wasn't right, the hairs on my skin prickled up and I glanced around wearily, shrugging off the blanket as I reached for an umbrella that stood near the door and raised it, ready to attack if need be.

"Olivia." Somebody spoke suddenly and touched my shoulder, I let out a scream, closing my eyes as I turned around and used the umbrella to hit the attacker across the face. The man fell to the floor with a thud and I opened my eyes, slightly surprised to see Matteo hold his swollen cheek as he tried to get up. I dropped the umbrella and took several steps backwards, last time I saw him, he wanted nothing but the best for me, and although I was sure the sentiment hadn't changed much, I could never be too careful.

"Relax, relax, it's just me." He said, holding out an arm towards me as he got up, I looked at him wearily and then looked around the house to see if he was telling the truth.

"Are you alone?"

"Yes, I am. I promise. I told you, I was going to do everything to make sure you're safe, why would I bring the danger to you." I remained quiet, slight relaxing in my stance.

"What," I began, "What are you doing here then?"

"I came to warn you. Luca is coming closer and closer to finding you. I'm actually here because sent me to scout a lead he had been giving. You need to leave here now, before its too late."

"Matteo." I sighed, shaking my head, "I'm not leaving, I have a life here, my grandparents are here, I just can't up and leave." Matteo gently grabbed my hand and sat me down on my couch. He kissed my hand before looking intently into my eyes.

"I know, I know it sucks, I know it's the last thing you want to do right now. But bella, this has to be done and know that I would only ask this of you if this wasn't the last resort." I shook my head,arms crossed against my chest as I remained adamant on staying here. What did I have to lose, everything I was afraid of losing was already gone. I was tired of being afraid, if Luca wanted to get me, he should come. I was done with running, I was done fearing the day he would come, I was done with everything.

"Bella, please, just listen to me." Matteo begged.

"Don't call me that." I muttered under my breath, there's only one person who I wanted to call me beautiful and it certainly wasn't him. Matteo furrowed his brows, confusion written all over his face as he grabbed my hand again.

"Olivia, this isn't funny. It's only a matter of time until Luca finds you, I can stall and go back and tell him I found nothing but, I can't lie forever. He is going to find you, Olivia, and when he does, only God knows what he'll do to you." He was trying to scare me, but his words didn't affect me, nothing did anymore, my heart had already been broken, rendering me incapable of feeling anything else but pain. "He is going to find you." Matteo seethed harshly when he saw I remained unmoved, he grip tightened and I winced before roughly pushing him away from me.

"I know he will, Matteo, but guess what? I don't care. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care anymore!" I screamed into his face causing him to stumble back in shock. "Let him find me, let him. I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here where I belong."

"Olivia, I'm begging you please. Come with me, you can't stay here."

"No." I bit back quickly and he groaned in frustration.

"Olivia, come on, what the fuck is keeping you here? Who is important that you'd risk your life for?"

"You just don't get it." I laughed, shaking my head slightly. "I got out of that hell hole and I found a life, a family, real and true love, not the bullshit I thought was love. I found Elias. I'm not going to drop all of that because you say run."

"Real and true love." He repeated softy as if he was trying to process my words. "What are you trying to say, that you never loved me?"

"No." I shook my head, not even caring that I was walking into a lion's den. "I thought I did but now I realized never loved you, I probably never even loved Luca. There's only one person that I know that I have loved and will continue to love no matter what." Matteo's eyes faltered as if he wanted to cry but was fighting not to.

"W-who, who is he?" He stammered, I looked him dead in the eye, a small smirk forming on my face as I prepared to say the name I knew Matteo, Luca and Lorenzo hated more than anything.

"Elias Van Dyke." Matteo's face fell and he blinked several times as he processed what I had just said before rage took over and he grabbed me, slamming me harshly against the wall.

"You're fucking with me, Olivia, tell me you're fucking with me." He shouted into my face, hitting me repeatedly against the wall. I coughed, groaning as I looked up at him with a smile.

"Does it look like I'm fucking joking with you." Clearly I was suicidal, because Matteo already looked liked he had murder on his mind and here I was further provoking him, not even fearing my life. Again, what did I have to lose? And, if I was going to be taken back to Luca, I wanted him to know that his mortal enemy got what he never will, my true love and respect. Matteo balled his hand into a fist and before either of us knew what was happening, he slammed it against my nose, knocking my head against the wall in the process. He dropped me in shock and my vision blurred as my head throbbed and blood dripped from my nose. This was the first time Matteo had ever laid a hand on me, and part of me was happy as it only went to show that they were all the same, no amount of sweet talk and I love you's could change that. As I tried recover from the blow, Matteo knelt down opposite me and grabbed my chin harshly.

"Be careful Olivia, because your days are numbers. Your hear me? We're coming for you, we're fucking coming for you."

A/N: A short filler chapter ;-) It's a shame because I actually liked Matteo, what do you guys think? Don't forget to vote and comment and hopefully the next chapter will be out soon!