Twelve

"Wow, I thought you said this was just a small party?" Adam asked, surprised at the scene in front of us and honestly, so was I. We had just arrived at Liyah's party, expecting a small cluster of teenagers but instead we found a full-blown party, with a DJ and everything.People bustled around us, yelling and pushing to get to their friends.

"I think there are more people here than there are inhabitants of this village." I joked to which Adam quickly responded with laughter. A sense of pride washed over me, having made Adam laugh did something to me. It made me feel a bit better about myself. I felt like I wasn't a miserable piece of shit.

"I'm going to go look for drinks and the others." He yelled over the blaring music before disappearing into the crowd.The others, he meant James, Alexia and Sander. I was yet to be properly introduced to them. I walked around for a bit, pretending to look busy before settling in a far corner, slightly secluded from the party.

"Olivia." I heard a familiar voice say and before me stood Elias, dressed dapperly in black slacks and a black buttoned down shirt. His hair looked better than usual, not that it ever seemed to look bad,and his familiar smirk rested on lips. I noticed that he had trimmed his stubble.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you a little to old to be at a teenage house party?" I asked. He smiled at my words, handing me a glass of what looked like bourbon. I stared at his hand skeptically, eventually deciding not to take it. He shrugged, downing his glass before downing my own.

"I could say the same for you." He finally responded.

"I"m nineteen, I'm technically still a teenager.Besides, your sister invited me." I shot back quickly, Elias raised his brows in amusement, a mischievous twinkle in his eye. Then, I remembered my plan, I had to get know him, get him to trust me and this party was perfect for that.

"Well, you're too pretty to be standing here all alone."

"I came with someone, actually."

"Oh," he responded, intrigued," and where is this person?" As if on cue, Adam appeared from the crowd holding two beer bottles, he handed me one before turning to face Elias.

"Adam!"He exclaimed, slightly surprised. The two stared at each other before laughing and going in for hug. For once, he didn't look so scary. He smile was genuine and large and I could tell he held a great admiration for Adam.

"Didn't expect to see you at a teenage house party" Adam smiled in response, simply shrugging his shoulders.

"So, do you want to dance?" Elias asked, turning his attention from Adam to me.

"Actually, I'm going to go look for Liyah."I declined before turning to face Adam." I'll catch up with you in a second, ok?"I turned away from them, fighting my way through groups of people to find Liyah. "Liyah!" I called, catching a glimpse of her long, black hair. Upon hearing my voice she turned around and smiled;

"Olivia! I'm so glad you could make it." She exclaimed as she released me from her hold. "I'm not going to lie, I had my doubts."

"Well, I came and I even brought a friend." I said proudly and she feigned a shocked expression;

"You have friends other than me? I'm in shock"

"Well, you're one to talk. It seems like you're friends with the entire town." I retorted pointing towards the crowds of people that were jam-packed in her home. Hordes of sweaty bodies dancing and grinding to the beat.

"In my defense, my brother asked me to throw this party and I don't even know half of these people.Come, show me your friend!" She pulled my arm before I could even utter a response. Her brother planned this party?Why? Why would he ask a fifteen year-old to throw a party and why would he invite a bunch of drunk, clearly over-age people to a teen party? All thoughts of Elias seemingly being a good role model quickly fled from mind and all that was left was a picture of an irresponsible, drunk.I prayed to God that I was wrong. I lead her to where I had left Elias with Adam, however they had both disappeared.