Forty Six

Thank you @lalalyndseyr for voting regularly, your support does not go unnoticed :) If any of you are Harry Styles fans be sure to check out my completed short story Thank You For Today, a total tear jerker that I think is my best work. Remember to vote and or comment!

Time, they say, is the greatest healer. It provides a basis of reflection, allowing us to look past the damage done and enable growth and most importantly, forgiveness. Such was the case for Elias and I, time passed and we slowly found ourselves getting closer again, learning how to trust again and be honest with each other. We weren't together romantically, no, Elias needed more time for that and in all honesty, I wasn't sure if we ever could be intimate with each other again. And, I was ok with it. I loved Elias enough to understand why he didn't want that kind of relationship, and I loved him enough to know that perhaps that was even for the best. Watching your parents get murder right in front of your eyes at a young age was traumatic enough and then kissing me, knowing that those same lips kissed your parent's killer, yeah that must be a hard pill to swallow. It wasn't anybody's fault that that was the way things were and he had never outwardly told me that this was the case but I wasn't stupid, besides I valued the friendship we had now and though I longed to kiss him again, for him to hold me and tell me how much he loved me, I'd rather have him as a friend in my my life than not at all.

Adam and I's friendship had never been better, I admired him, because for the longest time he had been put in a tricky and awkward position, having both been friends with me and loyal to Elias. But, thankfully, it all worked out in the end and he constantly tells me how he's still rooting for Elias and I to get back together even though I keep telling him that that probably won't be happening.

Slowly but surely, the others began to look past what happened as well,James and Sander, since they never knew that much to begin with, were the first to text me asking how I was doing, even stopping by once or twice with Harry to say hello. Alexia, however, was still a tough nut to crack and whenever I was at the base or in their general presence she never failed to remind me of how much she disliked me.

"What is she doing here?" She sneered one day when Elias had asked me to accompany him to work, Alexia stood in front of us,  a scowl on her face as she crossed her arms against her chest,  Elias rolled his eyes before responding;

"I asked her to come here, if you have a problem with it, Alexia, pick it up with me." Her eyes narrowed and she took a menacing step forward.

"Well I do have a problem with it Elias," She mocked, "Don't be fucking stupid, look past whatever she offers you in bed and see her for the trouble she is. She's Barletta's girl, Elias, she fucked the dick that killed your parents. Even if she's not double crossing us, we all know he's going above and beyond looking for her, he'll bring hell once he finds that he's here with you. She's not worth it, she really isn't." The room was silent, James and Sander looked at each other wearily while Adam shot Alexia a glare before taking a step forward, ready to break up a fight if need be.

"Alexia." Elias said darkly and  her tough exterior faltered, slightly intimidated by him. "What do we do here? What do we stand for? What do we risk our lives for? And you're going to stand there and tell me that she's not worth it? So what? We should put a stamp on her and send her back? What the fuck is wrong with you? I can't even recognize you anymore. This goes against everything we stand for, everybody, Alexia, everybody is worth it. " Elias looked down at Alexia with such a deadly gaze, I felt afraid for her.

"Liv, go with Adam, yesterday he,Sander and Jonathon came back from a mission, saving fifty girls from traffickers in Paris, it'll be nice for them to talk to you and see that there is still a life left them for them to live, that this isn't end. " I nodded, knowing that Elias wanted to speak to Alexia alone, I followed Adam,  who was already waiting for me at the door and we left the office and walked into the warehouse.