Twenty Eight

"Come on Elias!" I whined, "You have an unfair advantage." I pouted as I stared up into his deep brown eyes. He was hovering over me, his fingers curled deep into my side, ready to launch into an attack.

"What do you mean?" He questioned innocently and before I could even formulate a response, he had already begun tickling me mercilessly. I laughed loudly, begging him to stop but my laughter quickly turned into cries of pain when he accidentally prodded the many bruises and wounds on my skins. Elias jumped off of me, his eyes tracing my body with worry and concern.

"I'm sorry, I, I forgot." He stammered apologetically and I shook my head, signalling him to come back to me.

"It's ok, I'll heal eventually. It's only been a week." A week. If you had told me a month ago that I'd be stuck in a house with Elias, I would have laughed in your face but now, the thought of it made me smile. He'd been treating me like a princess; bringing me breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed, tending to my wounds as well as keeping me entertained. Every once in a while, we'd spot Aaliyah through the window coming in and out of my grandparents house, and we'd wave at her, despite knowing she couldn't see us. The nights; however, were restless, Elias had insisted I took his room while he slept in the guest room, giving me the space and privacy I needed. Though, I admired the sentiment, right now, after my ordeal in Russia, I wanted nothing more than for Elias to lay next to me and let me feel protected.

"I know but I still have to be careful. You're fragile, a piece of precious china glass with too many cracks in it. One more and you'll shatter. " Elias sighed as he sat next to me, bringing me out of my thoughts. His analogy was deep and it somehow described me perfectly. I never thought that he had observed and grown to understand me to this extent. Before I got the chance to respond, the door burst open and in came Ashe, Alexia and Sarah?

"Elias!" Sarah had screeched happily and I felt myself wince at the sound of her voice. She rushed over to him, completely ignoring me as she enveloped him a hug. Alexia and Ashe rolled their eyes and I stifled a giggle at their reaction.

"Sarah?" Elias spoke, reluctantly hugging her back, "What are you doing here? "

"Alexia needed to come to talk to you and I insisted on tagging along, then of course, Ashe said she wanted to come as well."

"Elias, I need to talk to you. Sarah, Olivia needs rest so wait for me by the car." Alexia said as soon as the last word left Sarah's lips. Alexia and I didn't have a lot in common but our mutual disliking for this girl seemed to be bringing us together.

"What about Ashe?" She complained and Alexia simply shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm talking to you aren't I? Not Ashe. Now, please, wait for me downstairs or by the car. We'll be down soon." Sarah huffed, looking at Elias for help who was too busy checking my IV drip that I had already completely forgotten that I was attached to. Ashe and I couldn't help laughing the minute Sarah had angrily stomped out the room. Elias followed suite, playfully rolling his eyes as he walked out the room and Alexia followed him without saying so much as a word, not that I had expected much else from her.

"Hi." Ashe spoke as she sat down at the foot of Elias' bed.

"Hi," I answered back with a warm smile. "So, why'd you decide to come all the way here. I know it's not because you just wanted to see me. " She fiddled with her fingers nervously before looking up at me again.

"I wanted to thank you for what you did, its people like you and Elias that make sure girls like me are saved." I gave her a forced smile,choosing not to say a word. "I wanted to say this before but I was scare, I just wanted to let you know know that I remember you."