Thirty Two

"Miss Gray?" I heard Amelia faintly knock on my bedroom door and I called for her to come in. She let out shy smile as she stepped into the room, using her hands to smoothen out the floral frock she always wore. She was a cute little woman, with rosy cheeks and strawberry blonde hair, she was perhaps in her late-twenties and was always cheerful. Never would I have ever guessed everything she went through, that she, just like me, was survivor of sexual abuse but not only that, she was also a survivor of human trafficking and countless other heinous crimes. How she was able to always be so cheerful and happy left more than confused.

"What can I do for you?" I asked with a gentle smile, placing the book I was reading down, giving her my full attention.

"Well, I never got the chance to thank you for what you did." She said softly, looking at her fingers while reddening with embarrassment.

"For what I did?" I asked, not fully understanding her. "Come sit next to me." She took several nervous steps towards me before sitting down on the bed next to me, not without maintaining a distance between us.

"It was really brave of you to do what you did despite everything you've been through." I shook my head, gently reaching over to hold her hand.

"If you're talking about Russia, then no, I wasn't brave, I did it for my own benefit and at the end of the day look where it got me. If we want to talk about being brave, then you're the only one we should be talking about." Her were now bright red and I chuckled at her cuteness.

"Wait, what do you mean you did it for your own benefit?" She asked suddenly and my eyes widened at having been caught.

"Uhm, I,uhh wanted to impress Elias." I lied, well partially lied since that wasn't entirely false. Her eyes lit up at the mention of Elias and she opened her mouth to speak however Jonathon suddenly walked into the room.

"Is she ready?" He asked, looking between Amelia and I.

"Ready for what?" I questioned, confused but I was ignored.

"No, we hadn't gotten to that part yet." Amelia answered, standing up.

"What part?" I pestered, not liking the feeling of being left out. Amelia and Jonathon looked at each other, communicating with their eyes. Eventually, Jonathon nodded his head and Amelia let out a sigh, turning to face me.

"Miss Gray, could you please come downstairs?"

"Why do I have to come downstairs?" I asked, eyes narrowed with suspicion. Jonathon and Amelia glanced at each other again, Jonathon then scratched his neck awkwardly before speaking;

"There's someone hear to see you."

It didn't take me more than a second to put two and two together and I shook my head vehemently, moving to the other side of the room.

"No, absolutely not. I don't want to see him."

"Please, Miss, he's made such an effort just come down and see for yourself."

"No," I maintained, practically stomping the ground as if I were a child. "Where are my Grandparents anyway."

"Karen and Geoff invited them to their home in Oxford for the week." Jonathon answered, coming to stand next to Amelia. He placed a loving hand on her shoulder and she looked up at him with such a beautiful smile that I couldn't help but coo, briefly distracted from my anger. Jonathon took this advantage and rushed to swiftly pick me up and throw me over his shoulder.

"Jonathon! Put me down, I swear to God I'm going to hurt you so fucking bad. Put me down!" I exclaimed, banging my fists against his shoulders however he remained unfazed as he began to walk out my room. Amelia trailed behind us, hands clasped together and brought towards her chest, eyes wide with fear and worry.