Two

"We're almost there Miss Gray." The driver announced, glancing at me through the front mirror. I gave him a small smile. Jonathon, my driver,had come to pick me up from the airport, sent by my grandparents themselves. I sighed, resting my head against my seat as a wave of fatigue rushed over me. A proper night's rest that was all I wanted.

"We're driving in to your grandparent's home now."I sat up, my eyes widening in surprise as I stared at the large house that slowly began to come into view. It wasn't as large or as glamorous as Luca's mansion in New York but it was exquisite in its own right. It looked like those homes that came from those classic English moves, Nanny Mcphee for example. My grandparents stood on their porch, hands clasped together as they waited anxiously for me. Jonathon parked the car, quickly getting out to open my door for me. My feet shakily hit the gravel floor as I slowly made my way to them.

"Oh, my darling." My grandma exclaimed rushing towards me, she moved to hug me but I jerked away suddenly, her stretched arms scaring me. "Olivia?" She questioned confused.

"I'm sorry, it's been long flight." She smiled gently, taking me into her arms and embraced me lovingly. Grandpa who was reluctant at first, joined us and for the first time, in a long time I felt safe.

"I'm so incredibly happy to see you!" I cried, finally releasing some pent up emotions. I hadn't seen them since the death of my parents three years ago and I had forgotten what it felt like to have family, a real family. Grandma smiled, as she caressed my cheek before turning to the house.

"Amelia!" She called, "Please tell Jonathon to bring Olivia's luggage to her room."

"No,"I protested, "I can do that myself."

"Nonsense, Sweetheart, he'll do it. You go on into the house. Explore a little, go find your room. We have so much catching up to do later, so get some rest." She insisted swatting my hands away and pushing me towards their house. The house was big but cozy at the same time, decorations and family pictures adorned the wall giving the large house a homely feeling.I found myself mesmerized by a picture of my father when he was younger, he had a football in his hands and was smiling cheekily to the camera. I removed my attention from the photograph before it could release the flood gates.

After briefly exploring the kitchen, living and dining room. I made way upstairs, it didn't take long before I saw a door with my name on it. "I wonder whose room that is." I mumbled sarcastically to myself, opening the door and stepping in to the room. It was simple yet elegant and next to my bed there was a large window that stared out into the neighbouring house which was identical to this one, though a bit larger. Ok, much larger. A similar window faced mine and I wondered who resided there, however the curtains were closed, leaving that question a mystery. I turned back around admiring the beauty of my room, but, truth be told, it didn't matter how the room looked, as long as it wasn't my room from home I was happy. My room held to many painful memories so it was like a breath of fresh air stepping into this one. I sat on the bed, my hands running over the softness of the duvet. I was no longer in the busy New York atmosphere instead I had travelled across the ocean to be with my grandparents here in this little village. It wasn't something I had planned but it was something I needed to do, I needed to escape the toxic and dangerous atmosphere I was in. The sun shone through the window, its rays resting on my face, warming it up and the tweeting of birds replaced the loud noises of traffic that I was used to,I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment. I hadn't had a moment of such peace and tranquility in a long time, I found myself at ease. But this relaxation had allowed my mind to wander,allowed my mind to bring up memories I was trying to forget.

"Luca please, I didn't say anything to him. He approached me, I couldn't do anything!" I exclaimed, pleading my case to a person who was not known for being understanding. He glared at me, his angry gaze instantly shutting me up.