Forty Three

Thank @user01527319 for voting on my chapter, your support means the world to me! If you want a dedication or a shout out all you have to do is vote and/or comment on this chapter and older ones and I'll dedicate the next chapter to you or previous ones when the book is finished. Know that I see all of you and appreciate all the votes and support that I get!

"Olivia?" I heard Adam yell from outside as he rang the door bell and knocked on my front door persistently, I ignored his calls and pressed an ice pack to my left cheek, waiting for Adam to grow tired and eventually leave. It had been several days, maybe three or four, I had lost all perception of time at this point, since Matteo had shown his face and perhaps two weeks or more since I saw Elias. I had remained mostly in my room but eventually retired to the living room as it was closer to the kitchen, preventing me from moving around too much. It was pathetic I know, allowing myself to be so hungover by a guy, to allow my emotions to be dependent on another but I couldn't help it. Elias was like drug, providing me with happiness, real happiness for the first time in a long time and now that I was without him, I had been dropped back into the pit of sadness and gloom that I had been in before I met him. I heard the door suddenly open and Adam's panicked foot steps rush into the house, completely forgetting that he had a set of emergency keys.

"Olivia?" Adam called looking around the house, sighing when he spotted my figure in the living room. "Olivia!" He gasped when caught a proper look and rushed to my side, kneeling to get a better look. " What happened?"

"Nothing?" I mumbled, swatting his hands away before snuggling further into my pillow.

"Olivia." Adam said firmly as he pulled my arm, forcing me to sit up and face him. "Who did this to you?"

"Nobody, I banged my head against my bedroom door, nothing else." I lied, laying back down on the couch. Adam eyed me skeptically before shaking his head and pulling me up again.

"Get up, there's been enough of that."

"Enough of what?"

"Moping, there's been enough of you moping, it's been more than a month almost two since Amsterdam and I'm sure you haven't left the house since. Your grandparents come back tomorrow so I've called Amelia and Jonathon back to work and today we're going to take you out so that you'll be back on your feet in no time. " I blinked back at Adam, staring blankly at him and not doing much to react to his words. "Just," Adam ran a hand over his face in frustration. "Go have a shower and get dressed, I'll make you a smoothie." It took awhile but eventually, I threw the duvet that was covering my body off of me and got off the couch, trudging slowly towards my room.

Like always, I let out the scalding hot water run over my body while I stared blankly at the tile wall, mind replaying happy memories of Elias until my body started to sting from the heat. I stepped out the shower and wrapped a towel around my nakedness, wiping the condensation from my mirror so I could take a proper look at myself for the first time in weeks. I looked terrible and that on its own was an understatement. My eyes were sunken in, almost lifeless, cheeks hollow from lack of proper nutrition while my hair hung in clumps past my shoulder, no life to them and in desperate need of a trim. There was a large bruise on the left side of my face, from Matteo's punch while my eye was still swollen but I didn't care. I stared at the mirror for a while, practicing how to smile again, how to look happy.

"Today, you'll have a good day." I said happily with a large grin but the smile fell as fast as it came. I sighed, briefly leaving the bathroom to change into a fresh pair of clothes before returning to figure out to do with my hair and face. After using light make-up to cover up the parts of my face that I wanted to do, I nodded in satisfaction and then brushed out my hair. Despite the long minutes I spent, brushing out my hair I still wasn't happy without how it looked so in complete frustration I took a pair of scissors and cut off the dead ends, cutting away larger chunks than what I had intended to. Thankfully, I was beyond elated with the end result. The shorter hair brought a new light to my eyes, and I smiled a genuine smile as I ran my finger through the shorter locks. I now understood why Elias had decided to cut his hair off, there was just something about the action that had empowered me to make the most of today and I was determined to get as much out of this day before the high I was riding on would expire.