Fifty

Thank you @MareBarrow2010 MareBarrow2010 for voting and commenting, the support means the world to me! Also we're almost 6k reads that's insane, thank you all! Please read the author's note at the end guys! Final chapters, so excited!!!

Numb, that was all I could feel, a numbness that I was afraid would never go away. She was everywhere, haunting me and every single time I closed my eyes, all I could see were her lifeless eyes staring back at me, her hand stretched out as if she had been reaching out to me for help. Help that I failed to give her. It was only a week ago we had been celebrating my birthday, only a few days since the time I had been sitting on her bed, the both of us laughing endlessly as we talked about boys and music and now, now she was just gone. This sweet, sweet sixteen year old, who undoubtedly had a bright future ahead of her, gone, life stolen from her as if it meant nothing.

My heart broke at thought of Elias finding her, he already was a broken man, a broken man who had only recently began slowly picking the pieces of himself up again, the love I had for him and the love that he and Aaliyah shared acting like glue, holding him together. But this, this would shatter him, breaking him into tiny little pieces impossible to be put together again. This would put him on a dark path that I was afraid no one could bring him back from, a path that would get him killed and I'm sure this was exactly what Luca had wanted.

I had been in this room for days, no food or water but I didn't care, time stood still and nothing mattered anymore because she was gone and it was my fault. I stared at the door, getting up from my position on the floor and reached for the handle like I had been doing since I had been placed in here, knowing it was locked but still foolishly praying it wasn't anyway. I laid my head against it, shoulders racking up and down as I cried just wanting to get over all of this as soon as possible. My eyes flew open when I heard a gunshot, then another and another and I stumbled away from the door, my back hitting a wall as my heart rate increased. There was shouting to be heard and I felt my heart flutter with glimmer of hope as well as fear since I wasn't exactly sure of what was happening. The door burst open and I let out a yelp, cowering away before looking up to see Alexia, gun raised as she panted heavily, blood staining her clothes and forehead.

"Alexia!" I cried and her eyes landed on me, a sigh of relief escaping her lips as I ran towards her, his arms wrapping me up in a hug.

"It's ok, it's all going to be ok, we're here now, we're here now." She soothed, rubbing my hair gently as I cried into her shirt, tell me a couple of months ago that I'd be in this position with Alexia, of all people, I would have called you crazy but now, standing here with her, I was more than grateful to see her. "Olivia, we need to go. Elias and the others, they're holding them off but there's too many of them, we can't hold them for long. We have to go, do you understand?" She held my face in her hands , looking down at me desperately and I nodded my head. She gave me a small smile, one that told me everything would be alright. "Now, where's Aaliyah? Do you have any idea where she might be?" She asked and my heart stopped, mouth dry as I opened and closed it unsure of what to say. The gunshots were getting louder and closer to where we were, Alexia looked around frantically before saying, "There's no time, come we'll find her, we just need to get out of here!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me out the room, we ran through the corridors, Alexia shooting at every man she saw while I tried desperately to get her attention.

"Alexia, Alexia,Alexia!" I yelled and she finally stopped, looking at me with wild eyes as she kept her gun up, ready to shoot.

"What!" She exclaimed, just as a man came up from behind her but Alexia caught sight of him just in time, grabbing onto his arm and flipping him over so he fell to the floor with a thud. Alexia then pointed her gun down at him, pulling the trigger, blood splattering against her before looked at me again. "What, Olivia? We haven't got time for this!"