Twenty Four

"What will you say if he asks you for your name?" Alexia asked as she paced about the room.

"Uhm." I hummed with creased eyebrows, not sure if this was a trick question. "Olivia?" I answered eventually and Alexia groaned, throwing her head back in frustration.

"Wrong!" She exclaimed and I fought back the urge to punch her. We had been at this for almost a month or two. Alexia was in charge of training me for the mission and clearly there was no love lost between us. I wondered why no one else could do it but apparently this was her specialty and besides I learned that Sander was in charge of technology while Alexia took charge of logistics and weaponry. James, Adam and Elias being the ones to actually execute the missions, Elias was the leader of course. Adam and Elias were currently busy strategizing and preparing for trip, James was sick which was slightly worrying as we were leaving to Russia tomorrow and Sander was busy with something so that left me with Alexia. She wasn't to keen about being stuck with me for a week but knew the importance of the mission so she put her disdain for me aside.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked, exasperated.

"Volkov likes his girls, weak and innocent. If you're able to reply his question that means you're not weak enough in his eyes. We've been planning ways to infiltrate his system and save those girls for years, we can't lose it all just because he didn't want you." She explained as she grabbed her water bottle and took a sip.

"But, what if he doesn't pick me because there are other girls he thinks are better?"

"As long as you do as we told you to, trust me, he'll pick you." Alexia took her phone from her pocket, sending someone a quick text. "I told Elias you're ready, he should be here soon. He's prepping the jet for tomorrow, so it'll take a while for him to get here." I looked at her surprised.

"You think I'm ready?"

"Yes," She nodded, putting her phone away. "You are. You're surprisingly good at pretending to be all weak and innocent so he'll fall for that easily. You know how to make a radio and to map coordinates for when you get in and you've learned how to shoot a gun. You're good to go."

I couldn't help but smile at her words, this was perhaps the least hostile thing Alexia had ever said to me. "Wait, did you say that you had a jet here?" The thought only just now striking me.

"Yeah, we do. It's not too far from here but still far at the same time. It's better to use our own jet than go to the airport, it brings less attention towards us." I didn't realize how serious all of this was until now, this was really something each of them invested so much in to and not for their own gain but for that of others. Of course, they had money from the drugs they sold as a cover up but that was mainly used for the maintenance of this whole operation and of course they needed to make a living somehow. Alexia and I remained silent for while we waited for Elias to come. I glanced over at her but saw that she was already looking at me, a heavy and sad look in her eyes.

"What?" I laughed, trying to play off the awkwardness.

"Olivia," She began looking around if anyone, if Elias, was coming into the room. "Look, I know that Elias and Adam have told you that everything will be alright, that we'll get there before he can do anything to hurt you. I'll be honest with you, Olivia, that simply isn't true. A lot can happen between the time you get in and the time we get in, you could get hurt, badly. Olivia, do you understand this." Alexia grabbed on to my shoulders with both her arms and stared intently into my eyes, trying to be certain that I was understanding what she was saying. I gulped giving her a small nod. I knew she was right, I could get hurt, but I couldn't back out, not now.

"Why are you telling me this." I let out in a frail whisper. She sighed running his hands through her hair.

"Because, unlike Adam and Elias, I'm not in love with you.I can tell you the truth and won't make false promises of being able to protect you.I want you to be certain of what you're getting yourself into."