Chuck vs. The Marlin Part 2

You and Chuck were both headed off to work when you saw all the cop cars outside of the Buy More.

"Whoa. What's going on?"

"I don't know."

"Let's find out."

"Aren't you going to be late?"

"Chuck. It's Weinerlicious."

"Good point. Let's go."

You both walked in and saw Morgan standing there.

"Hi."

" Hey."

" What's with the police presence outside?" Chuck asked.

" They robbed the Buy More, man. They took everything."

"They took everything?" Chuck asked now sounding terrified.

" Everything."

" Oh, please, God, no."

"What is it?" you asked seeing the panicked look on his face. Chuck began to ran and you chased after him. You both ran to where the break room was

" Please be there. Oh, my God..."

"Chuck, honey what's wrong?"

Chuck opened his locker and it was completely empty.

"The ring. They took Ellie's ring. Oh, my God."

"What ring?"

"Awesome is going to propose to Ellie and he gave me the ring to keep it safe and now it's gone."

"Oh my God."

Chuck's phone then rang. It was Awesome.

"Oh, oh... Oh! Oh!"

"What?"

"It's Awesome!"

"Put it on speaker."

"Hey... " Chuck said sounding calm.

"Chuckles, what's up? Dude, I figured out how I'm gonna pop the Q."

" The Q? What Q? What's a Q?"

" You know, the Q, the big Q you only ask once in a lifetime. Can't say right now... Mom."

You and Chuck looked at each other confused but then figured Ellie was close by.

"I'm going to do it while we're skydiving."

" Really? Do you think, uh... Do you think that's a good idea?"

" Not the first time we've been in the mile-high club, buddy. If you know what I mean."

You and Chuck made a face.

" Yeah, uh... Listen, skydiving is a little, it's a little risky. Don't you think? I mean, you could drop the ring."

" Whoa. Hot call, dude. Hate to lose my great-granny's ring. She gave it to me right before she passed. You know? She knew Ellie was the one before I did."

"Great, great, okay, so... just, you know, let me know when you figure something else out. Okay. But, Devon, um... take your time."

" You got it, brother."

And Devon hung up. Chuck then leaned down slamming his head on the table. You made a pained face. He then leaned back and fell back on his chair.

"Oh Chuck!" you said, getting off your chair and helping him up.