Chuck vs. The Truth Part 1

"You ready?" You asked Chuck.

" Maybe we're in over our heads."

" It's time."

" Sure it's not too dangerous?"

" I'll be an inch away."

" I'm scared."

" Let's go over it again. Make sure we have our bases covered."

"God, who'd thought going out to sushi with my sister and her boyfriend would make me so freaked out?"

You and Chuck were inside the closet at Weinerlicious, trying to think of a story of why you and Chuck were away and not out doing a mission with Sarah and Casey the night before.

" Okay. Last night we saw a movie." You start.

" What was my snack of choice?"

"Sprinkled milk duds over your popcorn. Come on, I'm your best friend. I should know what you like." you said smirking at him.

"True enough." Chuck said with a little laugh.

"What was I wearing?"

"Green flowy top, little buttons."

" Oh, you like that one?"

" I like all of 'em. What movie were we... "

Then there was a knock at the door.

"Why is this door locked?"

It was Sarah. You looked over at Chuck and unlocked the door.

"Oh hey guys! Did I interrupt something?" Sarah said looking at you smirking. You blushed.

"Uh no. No."

"We're just going out tonight with my sister and her boyfriend and we are just trying to think of a story of why were were gone last night."

"I see... Well! I will leave you two to it. But Y/N just a warning... the boss is coming around so you may wanna..." she said motioning to get moving.

"Oh! Okay thank you!"

You pulled Chuck out and walked outside with him real quick.

"Well okay! I think we are all set for tonight then!" you said.

"Yeah! We got this."

"Of course we do! We're Chuck and Y/N. We have always been awesome."

"Yeah we have..." Chuck said softly, smiling at you. "So I'll swing by and pick you up and we can meet Ellie and Devon at the restaurant."

"Sounds good."

"Alright. See you tonight Y/NN."

"Bye Chuck." You then stepped forward and hugged him and then headed back inside work as Chuck smiled at you watching you walk back in and he headed back to his work.

Your outfit:

Plans went just as followed and you were now at a sushi restaurant with Chuck, Ellie and Devon

Plans went just as followed and you were now at a sushi restaurant with Chuck, Ellie and Devon. While ordering, Chuck wanted to test himself and order your food to see if you knew you as well as he should.

"Oh, and also, and also a... A crab hand-roll for the lady. Light wasabi, but like light-light, almost as if you just washed your hands and only the residue Of previous orders remains."

You looked over at Chuck and smiled.

"You did good."

"Didn't realize how old-fashioned you were, Chuck." Devon said.

" Oh, why? Cause I was ordering food for my girl? I-I mean my best friend?" Chuck said quickly correcting himself as you blushed. You never heard him call you his girl before. You just wished that was actually true. "Well, I guess I just know what she likes."

"Well I hope you would after being best friends for over two decades."

"She's got a point there." Ellie said smiling.

"Yeah and thank you by the way Ellie, for inviting me to come along with you guys tonight. You didn't have to."

"Oh I love being able to hang out with my brother and you, who like I have always said, is like a little sister to me."

"Sure. But no, no. Old fashioned how slow you guys are taking things."

" Devon... what?" You said staring at him.

" I mean you guy are joined at the hip, but that's not where you're supposed to be joined. I mean it's like the east wing of our apartment has taken a vow of celibacy."

"Y/N is my best friend!"

"So!"

"That is none of our business." Ellie said stepping in, trying to save the two of you." Um, edamame?"

"Ooh yes please!" you said gently taking the bowl from Ellie. "Oh, your sleeve." you said when Ellie got it in some sauce.

" Oh, shoot."

You tried to help Ellie wipe it off.

" Are you ever gonna retire that sweater, Ellie?" Chuck asked.

"Hope not. It's my lucky sweater."

" More like my lucky sweater." Devon said. "She was wearing it the first time I met Ellie in an epidemiology class... "

"He told me that L.L. Bean must've stole the color from my eyes, so it really belonged to me."

You and Chuck were both watching Ellie and Devon be all affectionate, both of you wishing you could be like that with each other.

"Thank you for dinner. " Ellie said walking up to Devon and kissing him as you all left the restaurant.

Once again you and Chuck were watching them and both of you stole glances at each other, hoping one day you two can be like that with each other.

"Well, you guys wait here. I'll get the car. I found a space around the corner." Devon said walking away.

As you were waiting, you, Chuck and Ellie noticed a man stumbling around and then falling to the ground. Ellie quickly ran over to him, bending down.

"Sir. Can you hear me? What is your name? Can you hear me, sir?"

The ambulance quickly arrived as Ellie helped out.

" Shallow respiration, steady pulse. Chuck!" Ellie called as he quickly ran over to her as she handed him the man's wallet. "Check... Check for medical ID."

"Help me, please. Help me." The man kept repeating.

"Just, just relax. We're doing everything we can."

Ellie quickly got inside the ambulance as it began to drive away.

"That's my sister. Eleanor Fay Bartowski! Saving that dude's life!" Chuck shouted proudly.

As Chuck pulled out the man's ID, you looked over at it with him and then you both flashed. This man was bad news.

"Uhhh... Chuck?"

"That's my sister. Saving that bad dude's life." he said, now sounding terrified.