Chuck vs. The Sizzling Shrimp Part 1

You, Chuck and Morgan were all standing around the Nerd Herd desk, going through Morgan's evening plans.

"Chinese."

" Chinese?" Chuck asked looking at the restaurant pamphlet.

" Oh, yeah, man. That's what "An evening with Morgan" is all about."

You looked at Morgan and just shook your head trying not to laugh. You then saw Sarah walking in, looking for you.

" You didn't forget to tell her, did you?" Morgan asked you as he saw Sarah coming down.

" About "An evening with Morgan?" No. No, no, no, no. Of course not. No." you said.

"She's been looking forward to it all week. When are we going to hang out with your "funny little friend?"" Chuck continued.

" Yeah? She says that? Good, good, good. Make sure her head's in the game, okay? This is kind of her big shot to prove to me she has something to bring to this relationship. Feel me?" Morgan said turning to you.

"Oh yes! Totally." you said giving him a fist bump.

""an evening with Morgan" will begin at 7:00 sharp. Bring your "a" game. " Morgan said walking past Sarah. "Love ya, pals." he then said pointing at you an Chuck.

" "an evening of Morgan"?" Sarah asked you as she stood next to you.

" Okay, so here's the thing. He's our best friend, and we haven't really gotten to spend any time with him or Chuck with Ellie this week, and so he really wanted the whole bunch of us to hang out tonight." you explained.

"For "an evening of Morgan"?" Sarah asked again now looking at Chuck.

"I thought being stationed in the Khyber pass for six months was brutal." Casey said approaching the three of you.

" If you're so sad about not being included, Casey, you can just say so." Chuck said in a little sarcastic tone.

"Dinner with you two and Morgan? I'd rather Afghani warlords bleed me from my liver. " Casey said walking away from you all.

"He's a happy person. I appreciate that about him-- and he works hard, so..." Chuck said to you and Sarah as you just nodded and Sarah was having her drink.

The evening had arrived. You were all walking around Chinatown, heading towards the Chinese restaurant Morgan loved. You and Sarah were walking side by side, arms linked while Morgan was in the middle and Chuck was on the other end.

""an evening with Morgan" will consist of three acts. Act one, dinner." Morgan started.

" What are we having?" Sarah asked.

" A little delicacy called sizzling shrimp. That's right. That's right. We're going to pack our bellies so full of shrimp you're going to make a seal jealous."

" Wow! Sounds like quite a night."

" Oh, and that's just the beginning. Dinner will be followed by a screening over at Chuck's of the greatest kung fu film ever made...."

"Enter the dragon. " Chuck and Morgan said at the same time.

"Prepare to die, my bearded friend." Chuck said as him and Morgan began to re-enact a scene and began to fight.

" Bring it. Bring it on."

You and Sarah began to laugh watching them.

"Yeah.... those guys are my best friends..." you said smiling while watching them.

"Come on. Come on." Morgan said leading you over.

"What are you doing?" Chuck asked.

" Okay, and the third act can only be found here in Chinatown. There he is. Be cool." pointing to a guy who, quite frankly, looked like a drug dealer.

"Hey, wait a minute. I thought you were off this stuff, buddy." Chuck asked seriously.

" Yeah? Well, I'm sorry, Chuck. Right? Daddy needs his fix, you know?"

"Morgan this is crazy!" you said.

Sarah was looking at the three of you, wondering what kind of trouble Morgan could be getting into.

"Yeah dude! You know how I feel about fireworks!"

Sarah then relaxed and began to smile.

"You know what? To defeat fear, one must embrace fear."

"I'd rather embrace my limbs. Specifically, all of them." Chuck said.

"Yep. I agree." you added.

"No fireworks. No sale." Chuck finished as he put his arms around you and Morgan and you and Sarah linked arms again.

"Well, can I say something? This evening gets as asterisk, okay? We've still got our shrimp on, though." Morgan said raising his hand at Sarah and they high fived.

All though it was not looking good as you all arrived at the restaurant.

"No, no, no, no. You got to be kidding me. They can't be closed. "an evening with Morgan" has to at least include sizzling shrimp. "

"Morgan, it's okay. We'll do it another time." Sarah said.

" No, no. I got this. I got this. Lucky for us, I got connections." Morgan assured as he began to walk towards the back as the rest of you followed.

" Well, got to give him points for effort." Chuck said as he walked beside you, arm still slinged around you.

Morgan walked towards a stair case and picked up a key.

"My friend Juan, he's a dishwasher. Leaves his keys for me in case of emergencies." he said as he opened the back door to the restaurant.

" Hey, we got to make this quick. Ellie's waiting for us." Chuck said as they walked in.

"You hear that sizzle? Like the sound of angels' laughter. Wait here." Morgan told you guys as he walked towards his friend.

As you were waiting, you and Chuck looked over at a waitress. When she reached out her arm, you noticed her tattoo and you both began to flash on her.

"Sarah... that waitress." you began.

"She's Mei-Ling Cho, Chinese intelligence. Never stepped foot on U. S. Soil before." Chuck finished.

"Sizzling shrimp, anyone?" Morgan asked, coming back with two bags of take out.

"My god!" Sarah said.

" Well, you can just call me Morgan, babe, but I appreciate the enthusiasm."

You, Chuck and Sarah quickly headed over to Casey's place to explain what happened.

"This the woman you saw tonight?" Casey asked handing you over the file as Chuck looked at it beside you

" Yeah that's her." you answered.

" Read through these. Twice." Casey said, handing Chuck over a huge stack of files.

" Let us know if you flash on anything. Call the director. Tell him we got a priority code orange."

"Guys, is there any way that this can wait until morning?" you asked.

Yeah 'cause we kind of have a priority code Ellie and Morgan. They're waiting for us for dinner." Chuck said.

" China's top spy is in Los Angeles. We don't know why she's here, what she's planning to do. You, my friends, may be the only ones who can figure that out. That's your priority. Copy?"

"Copy." you and Chuck said at the same time then you both looked at each other feeling a little guilty you would both have to leave Ellie and Morgan.

Here we go again.