Chuck vs. The Sizzling Shrimp Part 5

You, Chuck, Sarah and Casey were standing outside by a limo along with Mei-Ling and her brother watching as she gave her brother a big hug.

"Look, I'm... I'm sorry, you guys. I know that you wanted us to go home, but we... we just couldn't, you know." Chuck said speaking for you and him.

" We just turned in one of China's top spies." Casey said.

" And you helped save her brother. So, good work, guys." Sarah congratulated.

" Why, I'd better be going. Got my own family reunion to attend." Chuck said.

"Thank you... Chuck and Y/N." Mei-Ling said approaching the both of you.

" Oh, yeah, hey... Don't... Don't mention it. You're welcome."

"It was no problem at all." you said.

"Uh, but before you go, would you mind, uh, would you mind signing this?" Chuck said holding up a board with a sheet on it.

"What is that?" Mei- Ling asked.

"Oh, it just says that I was off-site fixing your computer and that you're satisfied with the level of customer service I provided."

You chuckled and Mei-Ling just looked confused but signed it anyways.

After they left and you were about to be on your way Chuck stopped you.

"Oh hey! Y/N! Got any plans?"

"Mmm...Not really. Probably will just go home and watch some movies and drink wine."

"Well... Umm... would...would you like to come over for Mother's day?" Chuck said sincerely.

"But... It's yours and Ellie's day."

"I know that. But...Y/N you are apart of this family as well and have been by my side since day one and...I want you to be there today."

You smiled warmly at Chuck.

"Well then... I would love to be there. Should I follow you home?"

Chuck smiled big.

"Yes! Yes absolutely! Let's go."

When you and Chuck arrived back at his house, you walked in to see Morgan standing there.

"Hey, Chuck and Y/N!"

"Hey!" you greeted, a little confused why he was here.

" Morgan? Morgan, what are you do... Bu-buddy, I know that I haven't been around lately, and/or really been the best of friend, but, uh, you know that Ellie and I have..." Chuck started.

" Mother's day, man, I know... I get it."

" Okay, hey, it's okay. I invited him." Ellie said walking in.

"Yeah, yeah, and I told you he's gonna come walking through that door, didn't I? He's such a good kid. I'm going to get some glasses." Morgan said as he walked to the kitchen.

"What the..." Chuck started, confused about how nice his sister was being to Morgan.

" We bonded over an "I miss Chuck" moment."

"Did you?" Chuck said with a smile. "Well then I hope you don't mind that I invited Y/N then."

"No! And it's about time we started inviting Y/N to our Mother's day. It's way over due." Ellie said smiling at you.

You smiled back at her then turned your head to look at Chuck to see him smiling at you too. He then pulled you into a side hug.

"Thank you so much guys. You have no idea how much I love and appreciate you both." you said trying not to cry. "Get over here Ellie, I need a group hug."

Ellie laughed and joined you and Chuck for a big hug.

"Where's, uh, where's awesome?" Chuck asked after the hug.

" He couldn't get off work."

All of a sudden the doorbell rang.

"That must be Sarah. " Ellie said.

"What, you invited her, too? " you asked.

"Well, I mean, she's your best friend and like a sister to you. How could I not? "

"Ellie, you know you'll always be my sister." you said.

"I know..."

"Y/N, Morgan, now Sara? It used to be just the two of us." Chuck joked.

" Well, we're growing up."

You and Chuck went over to the door and you opened it. Sarah smiled at you.

"Ellie invited me. She, uh, insisted that I come."

You and Chuck let her in and she then turned to Chuck.

" So, uh, mother's day."

"Yes, mother's day, that's right. You don't really know... " Chuck turned to look at you as you all sat down. You can see it still upsets him talking about it. You put your arm around him to comfort him.

"It's okay Chuck." you said softly.

Chuck smiled at you then looked back at Sarah.

"Mother's day is the anniversary of the day our mom... Left us. Our dad was here, but he was never really here. So, now, every year we celebrate the day we learn how to take care of ourselves. " Chuck explained.

"And rely on each other." Ellie finished, coming over with some food and Morgan with some drinks, all joining you in the living room.

Chuck could see there would not be enough room for everyone, so Chuck looked at you and gave you a knowing look and patted his lap. You shook your head smiling but gave in and sat on Chuck's lap. You didn't see it but you saw Ellie gave Chuck a wink and Chuck blushed.

You and Chuck were now sitting outside in the courtyard by the fountain, drinking some champagne. Morgan later came out to join the both of you.

"I heard you came in second place, thanks to Ellie." Chuck said.

"Chuck, I've been slow playing for years, you know, and just sort of waiting in second position until she pretty much couldn't resist me anymore."

" Is that right?" Chuck said playing along with Morgan.

" Yeah. Yeah. I would have liked your blessing before I marry her."

"Oh, well, you know, whatever Ellie wants."

You were sitting trying very hard not to laugh.

"I know, but are you ready to be my brother-in-law? Have a few Morgan Bartowskis running around? Or Ellie Barettas? I would change my last name to Baretta for her, you know, ' cause I think she deserves a last name that cool. You know, Ellie Macgyver or Ellie Headroom, Ellie Rambo or... She's behind me right now, isn't she?" Morgan said, sensing Ellie approaching them.

" Mm-hmm. "

"Heard everything?"

" Pretty much, yeah." you said.

" I guess I'm going home." Morgan said quickly getting up.

You, Chuck and Ellie laughed.

" I can't believe it. For 12 whole hours, my best friend and my sister actually got along."

"Yeah who would have thought?" you said.

" A mother's day miracle." Ellie said.

"Happy mother's day." Chuck said.

"Happy mother's day to the best family ever and thank you for letting me be apart of it." you said.

Chuck and Ellie looked at you and smiled and you all clinked your glasses and drank some more champagne, thankful for each other.