treinta y dos

blood appeared in his field of vision.

corbyn heard daniel behind him calling out to him, but he couldn't stop moving forward. it was as if he was seeing the world through a red mist. he has activated his autopilot and turned into a goat missile flying straight at jack avery.

the one who was supposed to be his friend.

"you're a bastard," he said out loud.

his shoulders tensed. eben and abby were looking in his direction alongside daniel, but there was just one person that corbyn was interested in at the moment.

"wait." jack shouted with his bare hands bared. "i guess you know."

"you guess right."

"i never wanted to hurt you, maybe bother eben ... but i didn't think i would hurt any of you guys." the curly-haired boy muttered quickly, the words almost locked in his mouth. "you and daniel... i made..."

"stop it there." there was anger in corbyn's tone. "you hurt me and them too. we were your friends!"

"we still are."

"no," corbyn corrected him, his entire body trembling with barely contained fury.

his fist shot up. after that moment, everything was blurry for corbyn. people screamed. someone grabbed the back of his jacket, trying to separate him from jack. his hand throbbed.

he felt the taste of blood in his mouth.

it was as if he was out of his body, and he couldn't even describe what was happening, because he wasn't there. corbyn was lost in a haze of uncontrolled anger.

"corbyn." someone hit him against a wall and he instinctively threw a right hook. he caught a glimpse of red, heard his name again; a loud, resounding "corbyn!" and his vision clears in time to see blood gushing from the corner of eben's mouth. oh shit.

"corbs." eben's voice was grave and sinister, but there was no mistaking the concern in his eyes. "corbyn, you have to stop."

all the oxygen in his lungs came out in a quick jerk. he glanced around him and found an group of neighborhood faces staring at him, and he heard low voices and confused whispers. and then daniel appeared among all, eben must have called him to see if he could control me but he couldn't. and suddenly the blonde boy snaped back to reality noticing what he had just done.

ΩΩΩ

some hours later, corbyn was standing in front of daniel's door and barely had the strength to knock. he couldn't remember the last time he reached this level of exhaustion. instead of celebrating a fun morning with daniel, he had gone after jack after receiving abby's message and everything had gotten complicated.

he had been sitting in the living room of eben's house for an hour, listening to him yell at him for starting a fight with jack. But the problem was that eben was there with a purple cheek, staying next to him like always and corbyn had never felt more shame in his life than apologizing to his best friend for punching him.