veinticinco

a date. romantic dinner, some movie and a goodbye kiss? that was typical, it was normal to expect that from a first date. this was how they were always reflected on television shows and what zach had told him, he was the one who had had the most dates, margo's date a few weeks ago did not count because she didn't even pay attention to her date.

so daniel was surprised when corbyn stopped his car in the hospital parking lot. the blue-eyed boy watched him remove his belt, so he ended up doing the same.

hospital? my first date will be in a hospital, how romantic, fallen angel, the brunett boy thought.

he stood still watching as corbyn hesitated on what to say. the blonde boy was wearing a black shirt that contrasted with his messy blonde hair. daniel loved the way black, white clothes or really all colors fit him. corbyn was gorgeous. he always looked so handsome, without even trying.

corbyn licked his lips, before placing those green eyes on the youngest. "i... well... i had a reservation at a nice restaurant, movie tickets, and a place of delicious ice cream to o after that. typical date, huh?"

daniel say nothing.

so corbyn continued speaking, "but... when i left the house, they called me... my grandfather woke up. i didn't want to leave you waiting or cancel the date, i didn't want to screw it up again, so i brought you here with me. i know it's not perfect, and it's terribly anti-romantic but- "

daniel placed his finger on corbyn's lips, "shut up." he gave him an honest smile, "nothing has ever been conventional between us so this is perfect."

his green eyes softened, charged with emotions, "are you sure?"

daniel nodded, "completely."

he wasn't lying, this really was perfect for them, to be honest the typical date wasn't what daniel expected with him, he expected more... he wanted more from corbyn. and this was more, corbyn was letting him in, he was showing him his weaknesses and the fact that he wants daniel by his side in this vulnerable and important moment for him meant a lot to the brunett boy.

because the brunett knew that it wasn't easy for him to show how he felt, especially if it was his vulnerable side. corbyn lowered his hand and opened the car door, the walk to the hospital entrance was silent but not uncomfortable, dnaiel could feel the fear and expectation emanating from corbyn. the blonde boy shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants, pulled them out quickly looking nervous, and ran his hand through his hair to put them back in his pockets. he was restless.

daniel couldn't imagine what he must be feeling. when he pulled his hands out again, daniel took one and he looked at him, "everything will be fine."

holding hands, they entered the white world of the hospital. the lighting was so strong that you could see every detail of the walls, the floor. nurses, doctors in white coats pass from one side to the other. some carry coffees, others folders.

daniel glanced down at his hand entwined with corbyn's, a warm feeling washed over him. something as simple as going hand in hand with him felt so good. after giving his name to a kind of doorman in the elevator, they went up.

the fourth floor looked silent, desolate, daniel only saw nurses in a position that they passed to follow a long corridor where the lighting was no longer so bright, but dim. it seemed curious to him how the intensive therapy part didn'tt have the vibrant light from the floor below, as if the lighting was adapted to the place. he was sure that this floor of the hospital had witnessed many sad things, goodbyes, pain.