veintiuno

five were the seconds that daniel allowed himself to enjoy the hug of corbyn or rather the time that he let corbyn hug him because daniel never raised his arms to return the hug. why? because he disappeared for a week after saying that he would fight for daniel. telling him that he missed him and giving him a tender hug didn't solve everything, and daniel thought he understood that but apparently he didn't.

he couldn't expect it to change overnight, but at least he should try a little more. tell him that he would fight for him, starting from scratch, if it was very nice. however, ignore him for a whole week? bad move.

maybe corbyn has never had to strain in any way with his lovers, a single glance of those beautiful eyes, and that mischievous smile that was so sexy was more than enough to lower anyone's underwear, daniel included, but he was trying to get himself out from that list.

ignoring his heart's protests, going against his stupid hormones rejoicing in his vicinity, he stepped back, pushing corbyn away from him.

when his gaze met the green of his eyes, he could see the confusion in them. god, this is so difficult. struggling with your emotions, it feels like going against a river, it's exhausting.

his brain won this battle, his heart didn't put up much resistance after being hurt so many times. daniel believed that was what gave him the strength and the ability to drive such a perfect man away from him.

silence reigned between them, and even though he knew what to do, daniel's heart was still beating like the crazy lover he was. the brunet boy couldn't bear the intensity of his gaze. cleared his throat. "what are you doing here?"

he wrinkled his eyebrows at the icy tone of his voice. "i came to see you."

daniel gave him a closed mouth smile. "well, you saw me, now i have go." he turned on his feet and started walking back to his friends.

corbyn took him by the arm, turning him toward him again. "hey wait."

"what?"

his eyes search his face, as if he were analyzing every detail. "are you angry with me."

"no."

"you are." he gave him that crooked smile that daniel liked so much. "you look cute when you're angry."

daniel stopped breathing for a second, what was he supposed to say to that? be strong, daniel.

corbyn sighed. "sorry, it was a week..." his smile faded. "quite complicated."

his playful countenance disappeared and was replaced by sadness that he struggled to hide, daniel wanted to ask him if something happened but he had the feeling that corbyn would not tell him. "okay, you don't owe me explanations, we are just friends after all."

the moment his words leave his mouth and daniel saw the impact they have on the blonde boy, he regretted saying that. he hurt him, and that was not his purpose, he just wanted to make a joke to ease the tension.

corbyn licked his lips as if trying to ignore what daniel had just said. "well, actually, i came looking for you, i want to go out with you today."

"i already have plans, sorry."

corbyn glanced behind him. "with them?"