doce

controlling your emotions is so easy when the person who causes them is not in front of you. you feel strong, capable of overcoming and getting on with your life without that person. it is as if your self-control and your self-esteem are recharged. it takes days, weeks, to have that feeling of strength.

but it only takes a second to destroy it.

the moment that person appears in front of you, your stomach churns, your hands sweat, your breathing quickens, your strength falters and it's so unfair after you've had such a hard time building it.

corbyn besson was in front of daniel and a single glance of those eyes that he loved so much was enough to weaken him. his presence alone surpasses his senses. however, he fought against his heart, against his emotions, against everything that corbyn awakened in him and kept his head up.

"what are you doing here?" daniel was surprised by the coldness of his voice and the blonde boy too.

corbyn raised his eyebrows. "aren't you going to let me in?"

"why i should?"

corbyn looked away, smiling. "i ... just ... can i come in, please?"

"what are you doing here, corbyn?" daniel repeated his question, his arms crossed over his chest.

his green eyes fell on daniel again. "i needed to see you. "

daniel's heart raced but he ignored it. "well you saw me."

corbyn put one foot on the door mural so daniel couldn't close it. "just... let me in for a second."

"no, corbyn." daniel tried to close the door but it wasn't fast enough and corbyn entered, forcing the blue eyed boy to take two steps back.

corbyn closed the door and took a swig from the bottle. in panic it only occurred to daniel to say something i think will scare him away. "my parents are upstairs, i just have to call them to come and take you out."

corbyn laughed and sat down on the sofa, put the bottle on the nightstand and rested his elbows on his knees. "your parents are not home."

daniel wrinkled his eyebrows. "how do you know?"

he looked up and a mischievous smile formed on his lips. "do you think you're the only stalker here?"

what?

daniel decided to ignore his answer and focused on trying to get him out of here before zach arrived, who had messaged him that he would come to his house to talk after having dinner with his family.

"okay, you're already inside, what do you want?"

corbyn ran his hand over his face, looking so sleepless, tired, and drunk. "i want to talk to you."

"speak then."

the blonde boy took another long drink from the bottle and let out a big breath of air, opened his mouth but closed it again, as if he doubted what he meant.

daniel was about to tell him to go when those lips he had kissed opened again to pronounce three words that took his breath away: the three words he least expected to hear from him, not now, not ever.