once

this was awkward.

for daniel, eating has always been something intimate and personal. so doing it in front of all these people who he hardly knew and in front of the boy he love wasn't exactly comfortable. he felt pressured and calculated every move he made, however simple it was. am i chewing well? i don't have anything on my face, right?

he tried to relax, but how could he? corbyn was sitting next to him, so close that his arm brushed against his and on the other side he had eben. abby and jack were in front of them. and of course, daniel came up with the wonderful idea of ​​ordering a medium steak. Well he felt like ordering one because he was so hungry he didn't have dinner yesterday because he stayed at corbyn's. anyway he hadn't been able to cut a piece because every time he stabbed it, small sparks of its juice leaped from his plate, the least he wanted was to splash corbyn or eben.

he swallowed and licked his lips, why did he have to order this? why? relax, daniel. just do it gently. he stared at the steak with a desire to devour it and the powerlessness of not being able to do it makes me twist my lips. some strong hands appeared in his field of vision and he follow them to find eben bent over him, his face was too close so daniel refocused on his hands, which moved nimbly with his fork and knife slicing the steak in matter of seconds to pieces. "eat." he ordered when he finished cutting it and leaned back in his chair, eben seemed to hate him but at the same time like him. he was weird, just like margo said.

"thank you." daniel looked down and proceeded to eat, he was the only one who hadn't finished yet. the place was full and daniel didn't even know it existed. when they had finished and picked up the dishes, he was curious about a small balcony that the restaurant had. many people were out there watching the view. to be honest, daniel felt the need to run away.

corbyn was still talking to jack and abby, they just told their friends that they were dating and hoped it wouldn't bother them. and eben seemed to listen to them but at the same time being in another world, he was very tense. but anyway daniel felt lonely, he wanted them to leave to go to school as soon as possible.

so he decided to go explore the balcony, he got up, and all eyes fell on him, including corbyn's. "i want to observe the view." he said pointing to the balcony and he just nodded.

finally, alone, he enjoyed the beautiful view of the small town from here. he placed his hands on the rail, and took a deep breath. the morning breeze brushed his skin. there were several people out there but daniel was in his own world. things have changed in such a short time, it has barely been four months since that afternoon when he argued with corbyn in front of the school, when corbyn barely found out about cupid's first letter. a few months were enough for his game with him to become love, to lose his virginity, to cry for him and forget his dignity so many times, to end up here having breakfast with him and his friends.

a part of him was happy because corbyn had shown a little more interest and kindness with him but that didn't mean he wasn't scared yet, his feelings for the blonde made him vulnerable and he knew that corbyn was volatile.

i know how hurtful and cold he can be and people don't change overnight, daniel thought, so now he was waiting for paradise to end.

someone appeared next to him and he took a look to confirm that it was eben. he said nothing, he was just there, looking straight ahead, looking lost in the strange beauty of this town. "so cupid huh." his calm tone surprised daniel.