treinta y uno

"i really think you should get on with the final biology work now or you won't have time to study and also do it.," insisted abby.

the brunette girl seemed to be calm lying on her bed reading one of kafka's texts that she had to read for universal literature class. it was that calm that bothered corbyn so much.

the blonde had gone to her house to confront her, to find out who cupid was, to ask her why she told eben that she knew and not him. eben hadn't been able to tell corbyn who cupid was because abby had refused to rat out cupid. plus eben had put it aside, now things were going well with margo and he had stopped receiving letters from cupid. but corbyn needed to know who cupid was. he needed to confront that asshole.

corbyn clenched his jaw in frustration. i'm a pacifist, he reminded himself or so adnaiel taught him to be, at least with my friends i don't believe in using fists to solve problems.

"i have enough time to do it." corbyn's tone of voice was firm, but it was impossible to hide his anger. he didn't care about professor dasher's final work right now.

"eben has already finished it, right?" the brunette asked towards the tall blonde boy who entered the room loaded with bags of junk food.

"more or less, margo thinks that i still have to write some more in the conclusion."

corbyn couldn't help rolling his eyes. he needed to talk about it. he didn't care that his friends felt comfortable now with his lives, he needed to know who it was. "where's jack?" eben asked, sitting on the bed next to abby.

"uh ... not available." a pink hue covered abigail's cheeks, hinting that she was lying.

"that's weird." corbyn murmured under his breath. "jack is always with us... a lot of weird things happen lately, right?" he asked raising an eyebrow, fixing his gaze on the brunette girl. there was some intention to intimidate her. yes, she was her friend, but she was hiding something important from him.

eben shook his head at corbyn, trying to tell him to stop. "well, jack will already sign up for the next time. besides, maybe abby is right, take off your work as soon as possible." eben stammered, avoiding looking into corbyn's eyes as he betrayed him. while he covered any possibility of corbyn talking about the subject of cupid.

traitor! judas! that was what corbyn wanted to scream, but he bit his tongue.

corbyn only endured five more minutes in that conversation that was useless, as soon as the thoughts of cupid were the only ones that hovered in his head, he got up from abby's desk chair attracting the attention of the two friends. 2abby i'm sorry to tell you but you're being an ass. you know what cupid did to me and eben and here you are lying to my fucking face." corbyn didn't even realize he was screaming. but he could no longer bear with the charade.

abby blurted out a what made her look how lost and scared she was.

"if you were my friend, you would tell me who cupid is." corbyn spoke again.

abigail was silent looking at him. because i'm your friend, because he's your friend, i'm not telling you, the brunette girl thought.

"so that's the way things are going to be now..." the green eyed boy muttered even more annoyed at the silence of his friend.