treinta y tres

daniel raised his thumbs with a small smile on his lips as corbyn turned at the entrance to the garden to look at him with doubtful eyes. as if corbyn was regretting the idea of coming here. daniel didn't say anything, but he moved his lips for corbyn to read: you can do it.

the blonde boy nodded and gave him a soft smile before turning back and standing in front of that red door of the white house that he knew so much about. he rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door while daniel turned back to his house. he had only come to go with him, to give corbyn the support he needed. but this was something between him and jack. daniel didn't want to talk to jack yet.

corbyn didn't say a word as jack told him everything. since the end of last year when his older sister, sydnie, handed 'the cupid thing' over to him. but sydnie was not the first cupid, her ex-boyfriend who was a couple of years older than her, handed over to her. also when sydnie explained the rules to him, she said jack couldn't talk about this with his friends, no one could know.

jack also talked about the moment when he decided to make the pairs. eben and abby's were easy, eben and jack have always been in a constant fight despite being great friends, so he decided to annoy him by linking him to the person he bothered the most. it would be funny to jack to see him frustrated like that.

regarding abby... jack had always been secretly in love with his best friend. although he hadn't managed to make it very secret either since eben and corbyn and probably the rest of the high school could tell the chemistry between them.

with corbyn it was different, the blonde boy was ... according to jack's words: "becoming more annoying than eben" and he even added when he was face to face with him: "you have always been an asshole, but never with your friends and in the last months before it, you were with everyone ". therefore, the curly boy thought that the best thing would be to keep him busy, maybe in a good mood... and have someone who adore him or take an interest in corbyn above the stupid things he did sounded like something nice. something that maybe could improve the mood of his friend.

after analyzing the idea, jack thought it best to choose a victim who had nothing to do with him, because if he chose someone corbyn spoke to normally it would often seem suspicious that they took an interest in him out of nowhere. so he chose it randomly, he looked at the class list for the next year from one of the subjects he shared with corbyn and looked for a name that he didn't recognize much. daniel seavey.

although before writing the letter to daniel he made sure the dude was attractive, maybe corbyn's type, jack doubted corbyn would be interested in daniel if he did not attract him sexually

and the last letter was to jonah. when he went to see what this 'daniel seavey' was like, he realized that he was in the stands of the football field, carefully observing with a silly smile on his face the captain of the team: jonah marais. next to a brunet boy. jack knew he needed to get marais out of the way if the corbyn and daniel thing was going to go somewhere so he decided to pair him up with daniel's best friend. zach. it was a strategy so that when daniel found out he would spend even more time with corbyn. but things never quite went the way jack planned.

"as soon as i knew that you and daniel could move forward with this on your own, i stopped sending him letters. i never thought of hurting you. the only person i've really played with is jonah, i don't know him so i really don't care. i'm sending him the cards according to the rules of the game that sydnie explained to me. the game is supposed to end bad...ly, but i didn't mean to do any of that to you and daniel. or even eben and margo... abby is different, i don't think she's really interested in me. "