veintisiete

"you look gorgeous."

"i feel gorgeous." daniel replied with a big smile on his face, as he looked in the mirror. daniel was the type of person who sometimes feels pretty, sometimes regular, and sometimes just plain awful; it was so strange, it was like if he didn't have an exact concept of how he looked, it didn't help that beauty could be so subjective.

"i must say that this costume is the best decision you've made in a long time," zach continued.

they were getting ready to go out tonight for halloween. shawn invited him that night at the club but he still hoped corbyn would invite him himself. it wasn't difficult to choose his costume... tonight he would be a devil, waiting for an angel, his costume consisted of a red shirt quite open revealing his pectorals and the beginning of the abs, tight black jeans, the famous red horns and fake dried blood dripping from his lip leaving a trail down his neck.

margo had taken care of the blood makeup and a red eyeshadow after watching two tutorials on youtube. daniel couldn't help but feel super sexy. margo was a witch, she had an old costume of her mother and she was thinking of reusing it, also this time it was the first time that margo had been invited to the party instead of going as a companion with zach or maybe with daniel. zach was the only one who had not been invited, so he was just going with his friends, he was dressed as a zombie, it was not a scary costume, zach liked to look handsome so it was never scary.

"i think jonah is going to be there." daniel finally murmured.

zach looked up, his feelings deciphered on his face. "i know." that guilty tone remained characteristic of him whenever they spoke of jonah.

"you like him..." daniel affirmed, margo seemed prepared to act as a go-between, focus in case she had to change the topic of conversation. zach didn't dare nod. "and i don't like him anymore, not that way. so you know that there is no problem with you two being together."

there was no response from zach, things were better between them but zach refused to jeopardize his friendship with daniel again. but daniel still wanted him to be with jonah, because he made zach happy.

"why don't we just focus on the party?" jeopardize margo asked, capturing the attention of both of them and ending the silence in the room. "let's just go, we'll have fun and if something good or bad happened, we support each other... as usual."

"it's a good plan," said zach.

"it's a great plan." daniel agreed.

corbyn texted him that he was there, and daniel told him to give them a few minutes. so corbyn told him he was going to go downstairs smoking with eben outside while they wait.

daniel was very nervous, he didn't know the reaction corbyn was going to take when he saw him in his costume, he wanted corbyn to be surprised. the past two weeks had been very good for both of them, corbyn had been super good and they had gone out several times, finally having the expected typical dates.

however, the sexual tension between them had grown to otherworldly levels. the truth was that daniel didn't know how he had endured so much.

they left the house and the first one he saw was eben who was dressed in normal clothes, but his face was full of bruises and his shirt was stained with blood. the blue-eyed boy frowned. "who are you dressing as?"