\\36\\

I was sat beside Andre and Cat with Jade, Robbie, Rex, and Tori behind me and Beck on the other side of Andre

"Good morning, little mutants. All right. Now, it's time for... Bad news." Sikowitz said walking in.

"They found out coconut juice makes your hair fall out?" Rex asked. Sikowitz laughed.

"No. We're going to do an acting exercise about giving bad news." My uncle said.

"Why?" Jade asked.

"Why." Sikowitz mocked. "To teach you that acting often involves making choices about how to say things. For example... How do you give someone bad news and make it seem not so bad?" Sikowitz asked.

"By telling them in a language they don't understand!" Cat said.

"No Cat. Just come up on stage here. Robbie, you too, up up." My uncle said.

"And now, your partner in this little acting exercise... Tanner... come in! Everybody, this is Tanner, a young boy who lives next door to me." Sikowitz said. Tanner walked in.

"Hi Tanner. Hey Tanner. 'Sup Tanner?" We all said.

"Have a seat." Sikowitz said. Tanner hi-fived me as he sat down next to me.

"All right, Cat and Robbie... Here's a card with some random bad news for you to give to Tanner." Sikowitz said handing Robbie a purple index card.

"Got it." Robbie said.

"Oh, okay." Cat said.

"Good! Now improvise a scene where you have to give Tanner that bad news. In a way that doesn't upset him." Sikowitz said. Cat whispered in Robbie's ear.

"That's good! One sec... A?" Robbie asked Cat picking up a guitar. 

"Mm-hmm." Cat said. Cat and Robbie started singing.

♪ This kind of news is always hard to tell someone ♪
♪ and we really hope it doesn't break your heart ♪
♪ but somebody ran ♪
♪ yeah, somebody ran ♪
♪ a woman or a man ♪
♪ maybe in a van ♪
♪ somebody ran over your go-cart ♪

"And it got crushed!" Robbie said.

"It's unfixable!" Cat said. Tanner was smiling and we clapped.

"Yes. Now that's how you give bad news. See, the boy's smiling." Sikowitz said.

"Yeah, that was really cool. You guys just made that song up, right now?" Tanner asked.

"Yeah." Cat said.

"Yepper-do." Robbie said.

"And now Tanner... This is for you." Sikowitz said handing the boy a box of go-cart parts.

"My... my go cart." Tanner said.

"Sorry. At night, your parents' driveway looks a lot like mine. Now off ya go. There ya go... scooch along... There's the door... Drive safely..." Sikowitz said pushing the boy out the door.