34

In the bright morning, Luffy just walked to the dining room with his brothers chatting at front.

The reaper is able to draw them away from his current condition and distracted them with a promise for dessert after breakfast which excited them.

When they walked inside the certain room, a certain merman take a good look at him and immediately worried. Luffy let out a quiet sigh, knowing how stubborn his friend is and stared at him tiredly.

Neptune is worried for him.

While he know his friend didn't bother to hide it from him, Luffy is obviously having a flashback of his past and he knew that he's still traumatized about it. Even his appearance is different.

His hair is now loose ponytail, his eyes are half lidded in daze and his comfident posture is now slacked.

Due to his past experience, his body is very flexible and gain curves unlike any men but it send a pit of anger through him knowing Luffy have been through a lot.

Through pain and suffering, his death may be satisfication to him but coming back as a Grim Reaper is something the immortal did not expected.

It did not helped that Luffy is so exhausted and his usual eerie aura is now damp and sorrow. Normally he would dragged him to walk outside for fresh air but with his little brothers in present, he gain an idea that might helped his friend.

Neptune swims up to him, letting the boys join his children and lightly pat his shoulder. "Luffy?" He called out.

"I... I'm not all right," the immortal sighs, rubbing his temples. Not to mention, the upcoming growth is coming soon with Ace being worry again and Sabo will experience in first hand.

"... After breakfast, would you mind if we take a walk together?" Neptune offered kindly. "Just like old times."

"What about Ace and Sabo?" Luffy asked worriedly, oblivious to his sudden emotion appears. "I promised them that I will take them out for ice cream."

"I'm sure my children will do it in your place," the king said with smile though deep down he's now more worries that his friend is getting stress which is unusual for him.

He only get that stress when he remember his past and getting emotional by a heavy guilt.

He still remember the guilt Luffy talking to him about.

What he's been through and what he's been forcing to, Luffy still sees them as humans and he doesn't know whatever to express these emotions.

One of the reasons why kindness is still lingering large and fully inside of him. Because killing and revenge are something that Luffy swore to never used it after the incident from his past.

It still shocked or surprised him till this day but he need to focus on cheering the immortal up first.

"In the meantime we can get some ice cream for ourselves."

Luffy hesitates for moment, sighed before nodded in agreedment. "Okay, okay," he breathes tiredly and Neptune give him a brotherly hug carefully.

It is short but I will do the long one next. Sorry for waiting.