24

Luffy is sitting quietly at the bench by his boat, reading his book with a Sea King dragging obediently.

He was on his way back home after travelling for two days. With storms and changing weathers coming, he manage to sail safely.

A sudden noise caught his attention, glance to his left just in time to see two big ships. Some men are holding women and small children in hostages while other fighting against the opposite.

Watching, he knock the boat making the Sea King halted and turn its head to huff with questioning.

"Take me to that ships."

The Sea King obeyed, turning its body to the direction of the ships he saw and swim calmly.

Using his powers, he noticed some sobs and cries from one of the ships. A slave ship, he realized and let out a massive sharp teeth grin.

As if feeling bloodthirsty, the Sea King growled lowly.
_________________________________________

Letting his brothers follow him behind, he watch the massive whale ship being welcoming by fishmen and mermaids. Neptune is floating high and proud, smiling at the titan who walked up to him.

Eyeing the big man with interest, Ace and Sabo hid behind him and stare with awed.

Law stay behind to visit the library for medical books.

Luffy chuckles, he's not really that surprise since he lead them few books about titan - an idea he came up with - and knowing them, they probably ask him some questions about his growth.

"Who's that?" Ace asks.

"That is Whitebeard, the captain of the Whitebeards pirates."

"He's huge!" Sabo gawks.

"That he is."

"Whitebeard!" Neptune exclaimed. "My old friend! So glad to have you visit us!"

"It's been so long," the captain agrees. "I hope you wouldn't mind us storing some supplies for my crew."

"You're welcome to visit Fishman Island anytime," the king swim to the brothers and the tip of his fingers brush on Luffy's shoulder.

"Also I would like you to meet my old friend of mine," he introduce them. "This is Luffy and his two brothers, Sabo and Ace."

"Nice to meet you," the reaper bow his head, aware of the stare and choose not to say anything. His brothers followed suit, their grips did not falter on his cloak.

Whitebeard eyeing him with interest, sensing the powerful aura surrounding the man but to resist it? No doubt this man is acting like any normal person does but his presence give away.

He looks awfully young despite being a friend of Neptune and he have seen the way those local give him.

Respect.

Whitebeard know this man is anything but human. His presence, that aura and his eyes...

His eyes held some wisdom, intelligent, deep and most of all, death.

The man looked as if he have seen deaths everywhere. As if he's gotten used to see such chaos that exploding in front of him.

This man have probably the dark history of his past and he have taken two boys under him?

The man may be look like he doesn't care at all but he prove to him that he have been taken care of kids who looked up to him.

Whitebeard somehow know - no, know that deep down, Neptune's friend is carrying the kindness inside of him. A fade of warmth triggering deep inside and trap inside the cage.

He may be free but he's not.

He may be walking but he's not.

He may be look forward but he's not.

He never share any freedom like a bird flying freely, he feel trapped inside and he's stuck in the past where no one would reach out to him.

Huh. Looks like his family going to have a new son.
_________________________________________

A ship been burn and ruined, some parts are sinking into the ocean and large tentacles are disappearing deep leaving the ship and others behind.

The reaper put down the sobbing woman on the wooden floor, embracing the thankfulness and gratitude from them.

They watched in awed when their savior is petting a Sea King, cheering as he goes away. Luffy let out a breath he's holding, eyeing the bags of money hanging on the snake's mouth.

"... Looks like they are quite useful afterall," he mutters. "I will have to look some of them more in the future."

The Sea King snorted with agreedment, gliding back home with satisfication.

Luffy couldn't ignore the warm and tingling feeling inside of him when he save them.

It feels... good.