25

Luffy is playing with his little brothers after eating, he fully aware at the stares he's getting from Whitebeard and few other pirates.

He also aware that his brothers are slightly close to him and amused to see how protective they are.

Ace and Sabo can play whatever they want to since they're kids, the immortal could only feel a hint of regret knowing that he never play with them more often. Yes he play games with them but he raised Ace for years and Sabo never experience what's meant to be a kid.

Ace never have a chance to play with other kids since he always wanted to go with him on journey and he wish that he could do something.

Luffy thought at first before a laughter get his attention. Looking around, he saw a playground not far from them with kids running around with parents watching with smiles.

An idea proposed to him and look down, Ace and Sabo look back with blinks.

Without saying a words, he scoop them up in his arms and send a look to his friend who smile and nodded.

Years of spending time with him make Neptune understand his unspoken words.

Luffy walked toward the playground and few of them greet him which he greet back with nod.

"Lu?" Sabo look around. "What are we doing here?"

He kneel down and put them down. "Since we are going to stay here for couple of days," the reaper said. "Why don't you two go and have fun?"

The brothers blinked and look at the playground. "... Why?" Ace questioned.

"Because I am a terrible brother," they snap their heads to him, trying to protest when he raised his hand. "Hear me out first."

They slowly nodded.

"Ace," Luffy allow his eyes goes soft, not caring his surrounding. "I've been raise you for years and I am proud to see you grow up strong but my regret is that I never spend time with you or play with you when I am out here, travelling around."

Then he looked at Sabo.

"Sabo, you have been a good friend and a brother to Ace but I too regret that I never been there for you- no, both of you, will you ever forgive me?"

Then he startled when they hug him.

"Aniki, you don't have to say sorry," Ace lean back to grin. "You always been there for me and you brought some gifts! I mean, look at this hat I got!" He tip the hat. "It's the best gift I ever have!"

"Lu, you are not a terrible brother," Sabo smiles at him. "You show me kindness when we first met and you also show me those books I never seen before, you even been there for us and we don't want anyone be our big brother, we just want you."

Luffy stared. "..."

"You are the best big brother we ever have!" they said in unison.

The reaper blinks and let out a small chuckles. Those two never amazed him and the regret washed away after hearing their words.

"... Am I?" He look down at them with smiling eyes. "You are," they confirmed.

Luffy chuckles once and hug them gently as they snuggle against him, ignoring the squeals and smiles directed to them.

"Aww..." a woman cooed.

"So cute!"

Neptune chuckles. "Oh my old friend," he shook his head. "If only you see how much they love you."

Whitebeard let out a smile at the sight of the siblings sharing their moment. A strong bond just like his children.

Luffy pull away and jerk his chin at them. "Well? Go on," he push them a little.

"We can play?" Sabo asked.

"You can," the immortal nods. "Unless you two are scared?" Luffy feel the need to tease and a rare mischiveous glint showing in his eyes.

Sabo and Ace share a grin before run off to join the kids. The playground is now full of laughter and the reaper watch his brothers having the time of their lives with a hidden warm smile.