28

Luffy walked inside the room and close the door behind him with quiet sigh.

Both of them have been in their conversation, too focused on their memories that it's almost two in the morning. Both of them decided to retired for the night and bid each others a good night sleep.

Luffy silently walked to the wardrobe, changing to his pajamas - white shirt and black pants - and headed to the bed where his brothers asleep.

He stared at them for awhile, noticing the book in Sabo's hands and both of them are sleeping while sit up, lean against the headboard.

They must be reading the book while waiting for him, Luffy realized and shook his head fondly.

Carefully, he took the book and place it on the table before crawl to lay between them. He slowly lay them on the bed and pull the cover to their shoulders.

Patting their heads, he's about to turn off the lamp when he noticed one of them is trembling.

Sabo is turning, suddenly uncomfortable at the warm surrounding him and a frown plastered on his face. Luffy let out a slight frown, lifted his hand and shake him lightly.

"Sabo," he mutters.

The boy whimpered.

"Sabo."

This time, the boy gasped and his eyes are wide open. Sweats on his forehead and let out a big breaths.

"Sabo," he looked up and almost slumped in relief to see a familiar face, staring at him with worry in his gaze. "What's wrong?" He asked gently.

"I-I..."

"Nightmare?"

He slowly nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head.

"Okay," Luffy scoop him up in his arms, sit up and let his brother buried on his chest. "It's just a bad dream... it's okay."

Whispering some comfort words, the immortal noticed that Sabo is hesitant. Realizing that his little brother wanting to tell him about his noble status, Luffy just keep quiet and let him do the decision.

For the past few minutes, Sabo then goes limp, not wanted to tell him just yet and snuggle to welcome the warmth from his brother.

But he have doubts. Luffy is the first person who show his kindness and he doesn't want him to know that he's a noble.

Ace is his first friend and he feel so much free when he's with him or both of them.

Realizing that he will have no chance to see them again if that ever happen scared him.

What if Luffy and Ace found out about it and started to hate him? What if he will never get to see that kindness again? What if he will get back to his old life and never get to see them again?

Tears pooling up and he never feel so weak. He doesn't want to go and he doesn't want to leave either.

Luffy and Ace are his only family. His brothers and no one going to replace that.

Being alone... is worse than death.

The reaper just humming a lullaby, soothing him and stared at the ceiling as he led his little brother to sleep.

Luffy softened his eyes and kissed his forehead, not minding the sweats. He silently summon his long furless black tail with blade on its tip from the end of his spine and carefully curled around his brothers protectively.

He sighs, closed his eyes and waiting for the darkness clouded him, drifting him to sleep.