23

Neptune chuckles, happy to see his daughter smiling so bright. Luffy is obviously the one who bring the smile on her after his wife's death.

Out of all of them, Shirahoshi and Luffy are bonded the most just like his bond with the immortal.

He mostly surprised that his old friend show his soft side on her. Luffy normally never show any emotions and rarely shows expression but she somehow managed to get him a smile in few days after his stay and spending time with her since young.

For what he remember, Luffy never interested in anything but he saw him playing board games with Shirahoshi in her room after he went out for a walk.

While Luffy is chatting with the mermaid princess, he noticed his friend's brothers are eyeing her with distrust.

He chuckles inwardly, amused to see them being jealous cause of his full attention on her.

His sons are smiling, noticing as well and exchanged knowing glances. Ace and Sabo keep glaring at Shirahoshi, looked to each others and nodded.

Luffy twitches a smile to see her laughing and feel a few tugs on his shirt.

"Hm?"

He look behind to see his brothers pouting at him and let out a puppy eyes. He raised both of his eyebrows up, did not expect to see the side of them or rather why they give him those looks.

For all he know, Ace and Sabo never were the cute type - although they do looked cute when they excited or sleepy - unless they want something from him.

"Yes?" He twisted his body around, almost facing them and blink when their bodies hit him.

Arms around him and their faces buried on his chest. He unconsciously wrap his arms around them and lifted to put them on his lap.

"Ace? Sabo?"

He even confused when they lay their chins to his shoulders and mild annoying that Neptune is chuckling deeply.

"What?" He narrowed his eyes.

"Your brothers are feeling left out," the king said. "They want your attention."

Luffy let out a small frown.

Left out? Attention? Why would-

Oh.

He let out a breath. His brothers are jealous of Shirahoshi. Honestly, he did not expected this but-

"Ace, Sabo," he called.

He pushed them away lightly and stared at them. Ace is scowling, crossing his arms and looked away while Sabo is almost tearing up.

Luffy sighed, bring his arms to pat their heads and softened to see them lean to his touch.

"What's the matter?" He asked softly. As much as he knew about this, he rather listen to his brothers before he could considering his friend's words.

"We hate it," Ace grumbles.

"Hate what?" He pressed on.

"We don't want you look at someone," Sabo frowns and he saw a glare directly to Shirahoshi who's confused.

"Look and attention are different," Luffy calm them down. "Shirahoshi is my niece and my friend's daughter. But you two are different." He cupped their cheeks. "Do you know why?"

They shook their heads.

"You two are my brothers," he hugged them to his chest carefully, hide a smile when they cuddle. "My family and I would never abandon you two like that."

Those words brighten them up, seem pleased that their brother giving direct attention and cowered a little when they heard a bell like giggles.

"Uncle Grim," the mermaid princess call out with smile. "Are they your brothers?"

"Yes," he replied instantly, twisted his body around with them in his arms and facing to her. "These two are Ace and Sabo."

"Hi!" She greets them happily.

Ace just looked away and Sabo smiled, waving his hand. "Hello."

"Ace," Luffy nudged him, giving him a stare. The boy stared back, huff and greet her with nod. "Hi..."

The reaper shook his head, watching them chatting to each others - more like Sabo and Shirahoshi, Ace just nods - and they get along very well.

But only because their topic is him.

The dinner went well despite the small envy tension, the guard went inside and saluted to Neptune.

"King Neptune-sama! The Whitebeard Pirates are arrived!"

"Whitebeard Pirates?" Luffy questioned, glance at the king. In turn, he smiled. "Ah, I was meant to tell you after dinner but the Fishman Island is under their protection."

The reaper hummed thoughfully.

Law, Ace and Sabo perked with curious.