2

He watched silently as Rouge walked away while marines searching for the pregnant women.

He watched as some women died from being suspicious and most walked away toward the open arms of their families.

He watched as few children and few innocent citizens died by the hands of the marines they've possibly trust.

He guided the heartbroken souls to the heaven, ignoring the pleads and begging from them. He has no heart but deep inside of him, there's a slight stir that he doesn't know of.

Rouge is in her home when he make his presence known and she silently rocked in her chair back then forth.

"Not yet... not yet..." she whispers.

He could only watched from the shadow as he keep a lookout.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Rouge walked slowly due to her slight bumped stomach when she almost tripped and he appeared by her side, caught her with his cold hand on her elbow.

"Are you all right?" He asked.

"Yes..." she breathes, kneel down and rubbed her stomach gently. "I am sorry baby... please bear a little while longer."

Luffy hesitantly laid his hand on her shoulder as if he's attempted to comfort her which she's grateful and sent him a smile.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"You'll have her back when we're done."

The Reaper watched as a small group of marines escorting the pregnant woman leaving the man behind on the ground with bruise on his cheek.

Behind him was the floating glowing ball of lights, following him closely.

"Hmm.... truly the emotion of fear from humans toward a single man is rather intriguing..." he hums silently, disappeared to the shadow.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Whitebeard Pirates are marking another island under their protection again," noted Rouge, reading the newspaper while Luffy cooked some breakfast.

It is surprising for the immortal to cook something like human does but he has been watching for awhile and officially this is the first time he ever done it.

"Whitebeard," he hummed thoughtfully. "I've heard of him, he's the world most strongest man and his crews are very strong in their own ways."

"Roger told me about this man named Marco," Rouge smiled. "He often bragged about him and even thought about having him as his crew member."

Luffy silently hummed, remember the Pirate King fighting and having drank with Whitebeard.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Not yet... not yet..."

She take a deep breaths, clutching her hidden stomach while holding his hand.

They could hear a footsteps running toward another house, searching for any women. Luffy is looking from the closed window before turn his eyes away.

"Luffy-san..." she breathes.

He keep quiet which she take it as him listening to her. "I-I need a favor..." she stutters, sweat drip from her forehead.

Then she looked up to him.

"Please... look after my child..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Marines finally leave after confirmed that none of the pregnant women are relating to Roger's bloodline.