11

It's been two days since the pirates make this island as their temporarily hideout base. Luffy is very awared of a certain captain is eyeing him for quiet awhile and the crew obviously aware of Shanks's behaviour.

Ace and Sabo are also noticed then stick close to him as they glared at him.

For Ace, Luffy is his brother even if they're not blood related and for his age, he's very protective of his big brother. He knew his brother is strong but that doesn't stopped him from glowering at people who's staring at Luffy.

Sabo, on the other hand is also protective of a man who shows him kindness and they only met each others twice. He doesn't want that kindness go to waste if someone want to used him and he'll be damn if he let that happen.

Luffy silently amused at their protectiveness but keep quiet as he let the boys followed him like a ducklings. Everyone are also amused at the sight of them and nodded when Luffy pressed his finger on his lips then winked showing his rare cheerful expression.

Noticing the tense from the boys, Luffy put his hands on their shoulders and curves into smile when they looked up to him.

"Why don't I make some ice cream for you two, how's that?" He asked. The boys brightened up and nodded, mentally pat himself back for distracting them.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Oi Captain," Ben speaks. "Why are you staring at that guy?"

"Is something's the matter?" Lucky Roo asked, holding the meat in his hand.

Shanks leaned against his chair, watching the man guiding the boys to the kitchen. "That man..." he muttered aloud for them to hear. "There's something about him..."

That makes the crew looked alert, is that man dangerous?

"That man's very powerful," he continued, silently aware of their staring. "Much powerful than someone I know... and something about him isn't human."

"Maybe he's a Devil Fruit user?"

"Maybe."

He turn his eyes to gazed at Luffy who's humming quietly under his breath with the boys in his arms, eating ice cream. Ace is grinning and snickering while Sabo is blushing and glaring at him but poorly hiding the fact that he's snuggling close.

Luffy smiled by his eyes and seems to be happy despite wearing a mask.

'But I do have to wonder... Why do I feel like he's more than a Devil Fruit user?'

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Moon comes up in the sky with sparkling stars, everyone are fast asleep or entertained themselves a bit long and pirates are asleep in their ship.

Luffy is reading an ancient book from one of the faraway island about the mythical creatures protecting it.

He offered Sabo a place for him to sleep which he hesitately agreed after minutes of reassuring from him and Ace. Right now the boys are recently taking a long bath and splashing to each others.

Then there's a loud slam sound and splash footsteps sounds like they're running which is prove that Sabo is chasing after Ace naked.

Luffy chuckles, expecting this and lifted up two white towels from his lap before stood up to walked toward them.

He kneel down while they're busily chasing each others, he spread the large sized towel then wrapped around them as soon as they're close enough. "Got you two!" He even let out a rare small grin, fond eyes staring at them laughing and breathes heavily.