Swimming pool

" Max, get out of there already ! " Lucas asked her girlfriend, waiting for her to open the door of her cubicle. " Everyone's waiting for us ! "

" I can't . " He heard the redhead whined. " I look absolutely horrible in that swimsuit. It's a disaster ! "

" I'm sure you look perfect, like you always do. Don't be scared of what the others might think of you ok ? "

Lucas was trying to reassure her but obviously, it wasn't working since she was still refusing to open the door.

" My legs look like fried sausages, you have no idea. " Max complained again.

" Look, if you accept to get out, I'll let you piss Mike off the whole day."

" And you won't do anything to butt in ? " Her voice was so enthusiastic that Lucas knew he had won.

" I won't. I promise."

Without any further warning, Max suddenly opened the door and her boyfriend's jaw dropped.

She looked so stunning in her black swimsuit, underlining all the curves of her beautiful body. Lucas didn't even know it was possible to reach that level of perfection.

" Lucas. " Max teased her boyfriend with an amused voice. " You're staring."

" Yeah right sorry. " He quickly looked away, blushing like crazy. " It's just that you're so gorgeous in that outfit. "

Max blushed as well and pocked his arm with a pout. The couple then excited the changing room and arrived at the edge of Hawkins Community Pool, witnessing their friends having fun in the water.

As he was dropping their stuff on a deck chair, Lucas saw his girlfriend already running toward the pool. She jumped right next to Mike, making the raven haired fall from his inflatable mattress.

" Jeez what's wrong with you !? " He shouted, coughing water furiously. " You shouldn't have done that. I swear, you're not going out of this pool alive ! "

"Oh I'm so scared Wheeler ! You look very very dangerous with that shrimp arms of yours !"

Lucas just watched Mike chasing his girlfriend in the water, screaming he was going to slaughter her as she was splashing him constantly.
At some point, the raven haired managed to catch her and he pressed her head under the water.

Lucas let him do until, after a couple a second, he saw his girlfriend slowly starting to stop fighting back.

" Ok Mike I think she understood." He shouted to his best friend, concerned showing in his voice. " You're going to kill her if you don't let her go. "

Mike pouted but he crossed Lucas' disapproving gaze and finally released the redhead. She emerged from the water, coughing uncontrollably and tried to reach for her ennemi again.

" You're going to pay for that I ..." She started screaming but Lucas, who had previously jumped in the pool to join her, softly catch her in his arms.

" Okay, okay Max. Calm down. " He stroke her hair, knowing that she always felt relaxed when he did that. " You provoked him, he fought back. The game's over now. Maybe you should take a small break out of the water. "

Max still felt extremely angry at Mike but her boyfriend's touch was so comforting that she finally managed to calm down and got out of the pool.

" And you. " Lucas waited for his girlfriend to be far enough and looked at Mike straight in the eyes. " Don't you dare touching her like that ever again or you will regret it. "

The dark-skinned boy got out of the water without giving him time to reply anything and joined his girlfriend on the desk chair.

" Hey, you're okay ? " He asked, sitting himself next to Max as she was shivering in her towel. " You almost drown out there ! "

" It's fine. " She giggled, giving Lucas a reassuring smile. " I kinda asked for it and, you know, back in California, I used to go surfing almost everyday. I've seen way worst. "

" Yeah, whatever. " Lucas shrugged and lay his eyes on his girlfriend's back, which was now bright red. " Hey, you're burning ! "

He put out the sunscreen tub of his back and opened it.

" Is it okay if I spread some on your back ?" Lucas asked Max softly, knowing that she sometimes felt uncomfortable about being touched.

" You know it always is when it's you Stalker but do you really need to do that ? I can take care of myself you know".

" If it weren't for me, you would have turned into a roasted chicken at least a hundred time since the beginning of the summer so... "

" Oh shut up ! " She snapped, pocking his arms playfully. You look like my mother" !

After her last words, her face darkened because she couldn't remember when was the last time her mother had been genuinely worried about her.

Lucas saw that and pulled her into a hug before starting to apply the product on her tanned skin.

He ran delicately his fingers down Max's back, the girl shivering against the cold touch of her boyfriend and finally recorked the tub.

" It's all done." Lucas stated, kissing his girlfriend on the cheek. "Wanna go back in the water ? The others have already left to go eating something but I don't mind if it's just the two of us..."

" Neither do I. " Max smiled brightly and took her boyfriend's hand in her. " Come on Stalker. Together ? "

" Always."

The both held their breath and jumped at the same time in the cold water.

Under the surface, Lucas saw Max's face right in front of him, her red hair floating around hair like a blazing halo.

If there was something on this earth that the boy hated absolutely, it was romantic movies. They had always annoyed with all their ridiculous cliché moments but at this precise instant he just couldn't resist to do the cheesiest thing ever.

Softly grabbing his girl's chin with his right hand, he put the left one on her cheek and started leaning in.

When their lips finally crashed, they both felt their heart blowing out at the same moment.

Max's lips were chilly and incredibly warm at the same time, her skin so soft under Lucas' touch.

He had water litteraly everywhere and wasn't even sure that he would ever be able to breath normally again after that but he couldn't have care less.

Maybe he wasn't that mad at romantic movies after all, now that he had truly understood what being in love with someone meant.

We're Tuesday so here you go. Hope you enjoy it 🤗.