The first I love you

" Lucas let go of me. I can't breath anymore ! " Max giggled as her boyfriend was tickling her. " I'm serious, my ribs are literally hurting ! "

" I won't let go of you until you accept to apologise princess. " The dark-skinned boy casually answered, his fingers still running down his girlfriend's body. " I want you to apologise ! "

" Lucas stop ! " She laughed-yelled. " What do you want me to apologise for ? "

" For stealing my heart and being so adorable that is impossible for me to take it back ! "

" Call me adorable one more time, see what happens ! "

Max rolled on her side, managing to get on top of her boyfriend and kissed his nose. She looked up at Lucas and the boy found himself completely lost in her dazzling bright eyes, bluer than the bluest ocean on earth. And that when he knew.

He had been thinking about it for a while now but at this moment, with his girlfriend still giggling on top of him, her red hair floating around her and her cheeks bright red, he finally realized that he was irremediably in love with Max Mayfield. And that he wanted her to know about it.

He didn't really care if she was ready to say it back or not, she could have all the time she wanted for that. The boy just needed her to be aware of the fact that he loved her no matter what.

" Max... " Lucas said softly, pulling her closer to make their foreheads touch. " I really think that I love y... "

" Shhhh Stalker. " She replied, applying a finger on his mouth to sush him. " Don't ruin everything please. Just don't. "

" Don't ruin everything ? But I'm not... I just wanted to let you know about how I feel ! "

" I know it's just..." She looked away, looking very upset this time. " Love is a lie. It's just something people make up and express to justify their mistakes !"

" So this is what you think about me ? " Lucas answered sharply. " After all the things we lived together you genuinely think that I'm trying to lie to you ? "

" Of course I don't Stalker ! " Her voice broke and she tried to reach for his hand but he pushed her away. " You know I'd never think that of
you ! "

" Then why are you doing that ? " He yelled, this time really angry. " I literally opened my heart to you and you act like it didn't mean anything to you ! "

" But it does mean something ! I just... Don't believe in love anymore. "

" Okay fine then. " Lucas snapped, getting up of his girlfriend's bed and starting gathering his stuff. " I thought that after all this time you would have felt something for me but I guess I was wrong. I'm not going to disturb you any longer ! "

" Stalker..."

Max called for him but he was too angry and upset to even listen. He stormed out of her room and got out of the house without looking back.

What had his girlfriend meant by " I don't believe in love anymore ? " Before confessing his love, he hadn't really expected her to say it back just yet but he was convinced that she felt the same. Now, he wasn't sure of anything anymore.

All this time, had it meant something for Max or was he just some kind of distraction for her ? Did she even have feelings for him ? Had she been lying to preserve him or to thanks him for being so nice with her ?

Lucas brushed away the tears rolling down his cheeks angrily and headed toward his house. The boy was trying very hard to convince himself that he didn't need Max anyway but deep down, he knew it was a lie. The redhead was like a compass for him and after only two minutes without her, he was already completely lost.