I need you (part 2)

" Maaaaaax " Lucas yelled so hard that he felt like his vocal cords were about to break.

Billy looked at his sister motionless body on the floor and rushed toward Neil.

" What did you do fucking do to her ? " He yelled while punching him in the face with all his strength. " Why did you fucking do to my little sister ?"

He didn't even let his father answer and just kept hitting him until he blacked out on the floor.

" Billy, stop !" Lucas screamed as the older guy was still punching his father's body.
" You're going to kill him and if you go to jail Max will be completely alone. Please,go calling and ambulance . Neil will get what he deserves but for now we absolutely need to take care of her ! "

Billy looked at him for a couple of seconds, then at his father, then at Max and finally ran out of the room to reach the phone.

While he was calling the hospital, Lucas finally made his way through the room and kneeled down next to Max. She looked so vulnerable like that, her face even paler than usual, her lips completely white as if all her blood had left her body.

" Stalker ? " She whispered with a weak voice as her eyes fluttered open.

" Oh my God, hey ! " Lucas cupped her cheeks gently and dropped a kiss on her forehead.
" How are you feeling ? Can you tell me how many fingers I am holding up ? "

The redhead tried to focus on her boyfriend hand but everything was so blurry and moving so she just shook her head.

" Okay, okay. You may have a concussion. Where does it hurt the most ? "

" At the back..." Max stopped and closed her eyes for a second, as if the simple fact of saying a word was already exhausting for her . " At the back of my head ".

She moved her hand to touch the spot she had just talked about and when she removed it, it came out covered with blood.

Lucas eyes widened with horror as he saw that Max's wound was way worst than what he had expected.

" Lucas, I don't feel very well. " Max mumbled, her eyes starting to close again. " I don't feel well at all. It's like everything is moving around me !"

" Max stay with me. Don't close your eyes, look at me babe. Look at me it's gonna be okay !"

The boy felt tears running down his cheeks. He reached for his girlfriend's hand and squeezed it but her skin felt too cold against his and she didn't even have enough strength to squeeze it back.

" An ambulance is coming, there are going to help you. You just need to hold on a little bit longer. "

" I'm... sorry " Lucas read on her lips as Max was slowly drifting back into unconsciousness.

" Max, no Max ! Stay with me please ! " He cried over his girlfriend whose eyes remained desperately close. " I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for having been an ass with you , I'm sorry if I wasn't there when you needed me. God I'm even sorry for all that shit with Brian but please stay with me ! You're the only girl I have ever truly loved and I need you . I need you Max ! "

Lucas kept sobbing next to his girlfriend until Billy sat down next to him and handed him a cloth.

" Lift her head carefully and press that against her wound. We need to stop the bleeding ."

Lucas didn't move and just kept staring at Max, completely paralysed.

" Look kiddo. I know how you're feeling right now and trust me I feel exactly the same. She's my little sister and I hadn't been able to protect her either but she's not gone yet all right ? Max is still here with us and she's going to be ok. " He looked right into Lucas' eyes and handed him the cloth again " She's going to be ok but we need to help her now ."

The boy nodded and finally accepted the cloth. Lifting his girlfriend's head, he pressed it against the bleeding spot and held her close. Even if Max was completely unconscious, she winced in pain under the pressure and Lucas stroked her hair gently, hoping that she could somehow feel his touch from where she was.

" I know you probably can't hear me right now but I love you princess. " He smiled sadly, knowing that Max would kill him if she could hear him calling her like that " You're doing so good. Just hold on a little longer and it will be okay."

After only a couple of minutes, Lucas had to removed the cloth because it was already soaking wet with blood. He looked at Billy with confused eyes and the older teens rushed out of the room to find another one. Coming back, he knelt down next to his little sister and pressed the towel as hard as possible against the bleeding spot.

" Stop it, you're hurting her !" Lucas screamed, trying to remove Billy's hand from Max as the girl was hissing with pain.

" You don't understand the situation do you ? " He replied while tightening his grip on the cloth . " We don't fucking care anymore about what's hurting her or not. She is loosing too much blood and if I don't try to slow it down she will bleed out !"

" But what... What does that suppose to mean ? "

" It means that if the fucking ambulance is not there in less than a couple of minutes Max will be gone forever ! "

At this precise moment, they heard the emergency vehicle's siren and Billy gave him the towel.

" Press it as hard as possible. Remember that her life depends on you ! " He shouted before running outside, leaving Lucas alone with his girlfriend's body.

The boy did exactly as Billy had just said, trying to ignore Max's painful grimaces. She was getting paler and paler each seconds and he couldn't afford to be weak.

Soon, two doctors entered the room and placed Max on a stretcher carefully before going back to the ambulance. Since Billy was Max's brother, he was allowed to climb in the vehicle with her while Lucas was told to follow with his bike. He didn't want to let go of his girlfriend but  every second of protestation was a lost second for her so he just accepted the situation. He knew he had to be strong for his girl.

Hi everyone 🤗. So, here's the second part of the story and ofc, I'll update the last one next Tuesday. Please, don't hesitate to tell me what you thought of it and to drop suggestions, I'm seriously running down of ideas.