16

Miles

I was almost to my mother and I felt my body tense up.  I haven't seen my mother for a few months, not since I started working with Logan and I feel bad.  When I drove through Maine, I couldn't believe I was here instead of with Logan.  I pulled over and grabbed my phone. 

Carla
Carla here!
Miles
Hello Carla, how's Logan doing?
Carla
He's asleep right now.  But him and Mia are trying to talk together.
Miles
That's adorable.
Carla
Yeah, now they are cuddling.  Want me to send you a picture?
Miles
Yes please!

I smiled and took a deep breath.  I can see Logan being caring towards any child.  He really hasn't given me a reason not to believe that. 

Carla
Ok, I just sent it.
Miles
Thank you.  I'm almost there, I'll see you at work
Carla
Alright, I will tell you if anything happens with Logan.
Miles
Alright.

We hung up and I took a deep breath, I drove in to the cemetery.  I still remember the first time I came here.  I was a mess but than again I am still a mess.  I got out of my car and walked down the row my mother was.

I looked down when I saw my mother's grave stone. 

Zoie Deven

I took another deep breath before I started crying.  It's still well kept but I wonder by who.  I looked around before looking back. 

"Hey mom...I know it's been a long time but I was taking care of someone."  I stopped.  Should I really be telling her about Logan?  "His name is Logan.  Logan Stephen's, will if you want to get technical, Logan Jr. Stephen's.  He's amazing through." This is getting hard to talk about him.  Logan almost died and now he can't talk.  I won't be greedy but I just want him to be able to talk to not just me but to everyone. 

"He was in a really bad accident, I'm sure you almost met him actually.  When I tell you I was scared, I was scared shitless." I stopped talking for a few moments, I looked around and saw that someone was coming towards me.  I looked back down but the person stopped right next to me.

"Do you know Zoie?" A deep, dark, kind rough voice filled my ears.  I looked up at the man looking at the grave.

"I'm her son.  Miles." I told the man.  Making friends in a cemetery.  What's wrong with this?  But when I said that, the man seemed shocked.  He looked at me and I looked back.

"Miles...I'm Noah." I feel like I know him from somewhere, I took a longer look at him and I relized he looks like me.  I took a step back. 

"Noah.  How did you know my mother?" I asked.  There was silence for a few moments.

"...it's completed..." I nodded my head and throught of the worst situation.  This might be my father.  This man might be my father.  "I haven't seen you here before."

"Yes, I live in New York.  I just came up here to say something to my mom." I said.  There was another moment of silence.  I kept looking at the grave.  "Are you the one that takes care of the grave?" I asked.

"Well, it's the least I can do.  I hope you don't mind."

"I don't, just kinda surprised me.  Me and my mother only had each other.  Thank you." We looked at each other and smiled.  Noah opened his mouth to say something but my phone started to ring.  It was Logan? "Sorry, it's my boss, I need to get this."

"It's alright." Noah said with a smile.  I walked away and picked up the phone. Why is he calling me?

Miles
Logan?  Everything ok?
Logan
E...Everyth...Everything is ok.

My heart stopped.  Logan is speaking.  Speaking to me.  His voice sounds rusty and deep but I think that's sexy.  I was so in shook that I felt myself tearing up.

Miles
Y-you're speaking babes...
Logan
That I-I am.  No one is around and your the first person to come to mind.
Miles
I'm sorry I'm not there. 
Logan
It's alright.  Just come back soon.  I miss you.
Miles
Don't push yourself to hard.  I will be back tomorrow.
Logan
Ok.
Miles
Ok.