Chapter 9: Tearful Flower

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Ethereal Hill

*Moments later*

-Taehyun's POV-

Julie got comfortable to be with me after we began to talk about how we discovered this place. Surprisingly, we almost had the same story; Julie found the Ethereal Hill because she rode on her horse without having a place in mind, and she landed here. For me, I only remember that I was thinking about a lot of things while riding my mom's horse, and then I found the entrance to the Ethereal Hill. It was a great discovery at the moment since not many people knew how to find this place, and I also needed a "special" place to relax.

After talking for a little while, we let the moment be. I also asked Julie some names for my horse since I don't have any ideas. She was kind to give me a hand and told me that she named her horse "Ace." Julie talked about the story that gave him that name and then suggested me to identify my horse whenever it showed a singular characteristic. And that sounded like a good idea to me.

*Current time – Minutes until dawn*

Talking with Julie took away my thoughts from the things that were bothering me before arriving at this place. And also, Julie felt so much better once she had her mind busy with something else.

Right now, I'm reading the book I brought with me while Julie is writing on her notebook. I glanced at her from time to time; after all, I'm curious about the stranger next to me.

-Julie. – I called her name, making her look at me immediately. -Can I ask you something personal? – I questioned, to which she nodded as a reply. -Why were you crying? You know, when you came here.

-Oh, it's a long story. – Julie sighed while looking away.

-I have time to spare, and you can trust me. – I said while leaving my book aside, paying attention to Julie.

-Well, okay. – Julie sighed before closing her notebook. -I fought with my father before coming to Northwall. You see, I used to live in my hometown, Crystal Hall. It isn't that far away from the principal city of the kingdom. So, I decided to study at the school around this region. But my father found out and scolded me because I lied to him. And no matter what I said about the success I've had through the past school year, he got disappointed. So, I defended my choices and the direction I took with my life, which pissed my father even more. – Julie explained while holding her hands, moving them nervously.

-I'm sorry to hear that. Still, I'm sure that your father must be proud of the things you've achieved. – I spoke while looking at Julie worriedly.

-I honestly hope so. My father is not a man that can change his point of view in a split second. I guess it's in his nature since he's one of the royal knights inside Crystal Hall. – Julie revealed, making me change my expression completely. I turned sober while remembering what happened yesterday with Hazel.