Chapter 26: A Historian's Sentence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Northwall. – Central city.

*Evening*

-Taehyun's POV-

I hurried to get to Northwall, and as soon as I did, I took off to Julie's house. My heart skipped while getting here, and the fears from my nightmares began to haunt me. However, I didn't stop my way, and determinedly, I continued to ride to Julie's. Nightfall arrived before I noticed, but at the moment, I was careless of anything else. My focus was on Julie and getting to her home.

Currently, I'm jumping off Bella, hurrying to get to the house's entrance. Immediately, I unsheathed my sword and opened the door, noticing the chaos around the place. Deep inside, my body is telling me to calm down and think about the situation, but my heart is desperate to find Julie. But suddenly, a loud thud interrupted my thoughts, causing me to react and go upstairs.

I glanced to the sides of the corridor, seeing the same scene from downstairs. And as I keep holding my sword high, I saw a lighted room at the end of the hallway. Instantly, I ran towards the very end, soon finding Young Lin and Julie battling each other.

-Hail! – Julie cast before getting away from Young Lin, briefly stumbling and landing between my arms. -Taehyun. – Julie breathed fast while looking at me, perplexed. I nodded before helping her stand, instantly stepping in for her.

-Ice Breath! – Young Lin cast, throwing away the icy shards. Then, he stood up and looked at me. -Your majesty. – Young Lin smirked while taking his sword, briefly walking to me.

We stood face to face before I activated my powers. -You like to play, don't you? – I questioned, not hesitating to challenge Young Lin.

-I think so, but I believe you are in the wrong place tonight. – Young Lin spoke, getting ready to attack. -Kang Taehyun. I can finally see your downfall. – He angrily expressed.

I scoffed. -You wish high; therefore, your fate is to fall. – I claimed while smirking, briefly holding my sword's grip tighter.

Young Lin cast the first enchantment, but I immediately created a protective shield, approaching him with side spells. I jumped to the left, trying to get him with the sword. But he noticed my moves, making our blades crash before a closer confrontation began. I danced along with my sword, perceiving each turn while dodging and hitting Young Lin.

My sword touched Young Lin's arm before cutting through his clothes, causing his arm to bleed. He continued to defend himself, but as I kept moving through the room, I turned and let my sword get him under his ribs, creating another deep cut. He groaned of pain but insisted on fighting back, casting another spell with the strength he has left.