Chapter 2: The Chosen One

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Taehyun's POV-

After some minutes, Hazel was able to calm me down. I didn't say anything; I only listened to whatever she had to tell me about the situation. Hazel knows how much it means to me to be inside the royal knights' academy; I always wanted to serve my kingdom somehow, and I thought that being part of that group would make up for the lack of decisions I can take due to the law. Yet, my father, the king, made sure that I wouldn't join after remaking the fourth article of Rossview Iclenads' law.

Hazel was a great help; she stood there and tried to cheer me up, and she also wanted to do some magic from the "light" divine power, but I told her not to since the kingdom can track the type of spells. So, Hazel decided to tell me stories about her father; she used some ice magic and tried to make me laugh.

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Permafrost Castle.

*Current time – Afternoon*

Right now, both of us are lying on the bed. I'm looking at the window while humming softly. And in the meanwhile, Hazel was playing with a snowflake she spelled.

-Taehyun. – Hazel called me.

-Yes? – I answered without looking at her.

-Smile. It feels off when you aren't happy. – Hazel complained before vanishing her snowflake. Immediately, she put all her attention on me and tried to snuggle closer to me.

-How can I do that, Reid? I've always wanted to be a royal knight, and I got excited to grow older because I wanted to join the academy, but after my father changed the law, I saw more obstacles on my way. – I sincerely spoke.

-You are more than a knight, and it's time for you to realize that. – Hazel stated.

I felt how she started to hug my body against her, but I didn't move and kept staring at my window.

-The snow season is coming to an end, and the fresh colors of nature will pop out again. – Hazel whispered near my ear. -That should make you happy. – She continued, trying to make me think of something else.

I didn't answer and stood in silence. But suddenly, I felt a soft peck on my head, making me turn around to face her.

-Now, I got your attention. – Hazel chuckled slightly.

-Teaser. – I rolled my eyes before smiling.

-I got what I wanted. So, you can call me that. – Hazel said before holding onto me. -Look at your room, so colorful and full of life. You have all the kingdoms included in this part of the castle, and I know you can do the same thing in real life. – She disclosed while I started to look around my room.