Chapter 7: End of Chapter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Northwall

*Moments later*

-Taehyung's POV-

I arrived to the city as soon as possible; I tried to stay silent as much as possible, so I left my horse before entering. Luckily, the people are sleeping peacefully, and nobody is out tonight. I'm running towards Hazel's house since I could observe that the royal knights haven't found out where she lives. I wanted to keep my emotions under control since I was losing focus; after all, a part of me knows that after today, Hazel might have to go away from Rossview. I couldn't handle the pain I was feeling inside. But I'm aware that if she stays by my side, there'll be many wicked things happening to her.

After running for a while, I found myself on the street where Hazel's house is, making me go faster to her location. I could hear my father and the royal knights. They are trying desperately to find Hazel and Joonho. So, I hurried my pace. And as soon as I was in front of her house, I got inside and closed the door right after. I saw Hazel coming downstairs while looking worriedly at me.

She knows they are coming.

-Where are the knights? – Hazel asked seriously.

-All over the city, they are looking around in pairs. – I disclosed before Hazel walked towards the kitchen. I followed her and noticed that there was a bag full of things. -You were aware of it all along. – I said, surprised.

-I had to take my preventions, Taehyun. – Hazel spoke before grabbing the bag; she looks distressed and upset. –Joonho is at the border of the kingdom. We are going back home no matter what. – She stated sternly.

-So, this is goodbye. – I realized, not hiding my sadness at all.

Hazel got closer to me before kissing my cheek, and then she smiled at me while caressing my temple.

-We'll find each other again. It was a pleasure to meet you, your majesty. But please, when we reunite, promise me that all of the chaos in Rossview will be under control. – Hazel said while looking directly into my eyes.

I nodded, showing a mournful smile while holding Hazel's hand on my cheek. -I promise. – I softly spoke before someone's yelling made us step away from one another.

-I'll tell the princes of Hampdows to contact you once I arrive. – Hazel assured me while looking concerned.

-Yes. Thank you for everything. – I said before kissing Hazel's head. -Now go, I'll distract the knights. – I spoke before closing my eyes, activating the divine power.

-No, thanks to you, Taehyun. – Hazel smiled before grabbing the last things she needed, and then she ran out of the house in a hurry.

I watched Hazel go away while I could feel my heart breaking into small pieces, but then I took a deep breath and got out of the house as well.

I guess this is it.

After having a moment to think, I started to run to another street, far away from Hazel's place. Briefly, I stopped moving and looked at the magic flowing through my veins. Gradually, I shook my hands before turning them into fists; I looked at the ground before closing my eyes.

-Ice rage. – I murmured as I moved my hands in circular motions. After that, a big cloud of smoke started to spread across the street. I couldn't see anything around me, but as soon as I heard the horses approaching, I ran to the only visible street.

I got away from that point and executed the same spell in another direction. But after that, I decided to go back to the castle and leave the rest to Hazel.

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Permafrost Castle

*Sunrise*

I got back home before my father and the royal knights. But when I arrived, my mother welcomed me with fear and concern. She immediately hugged me while some of the domestic workers started to treat my horse. My mother wanted to take care of me, so she guided me to her room and started to heal the few wounds I had after breaking my bedroom's window.

-Your father is mad; how can he do something like that to his son? – My mother questioned, looking disappointed at my father's actions.

-Well, the king is the king. I suppose he wanted to chase after Hazel and her friend, but that won't happen again. – I said before looking up to the ceiling.

-Why do you say that? What happened? – My mother asked, confused.

-Hazel returned to the Hampdows Lush Kingdom. I couldn't stop her because I knew that was the best idea for her safety. – I disclosed before taking a deep breath.

-I'm sorry to hear that, my son. Just know that bigger things await for you, and having a girl from another kingdom in here. Well, it would've impaired your duties as the "holder" of the divine power. – My mother remarked, making me glance at her, confused.

-Mother, do you know something I don't? – I questioned, intrigued.

-We can't talk about it inside the castle; it remains forbidden. – My mother whispered. -You are still learning about your powers, Taehyun. So, keep on studying, and when the time comes, I'll give you hints of the things you should know, okay? – My mother spoke, caressing my cheek with a slight smile on her face.

-Yes, mother. – I sighed before looking down at the mattress, but before I could say anything else, someone interrupted the moment.

-Ah! Here you are! So, you did get out of the ropes; what a smart son, huh? – My father spoke, acting like if nothing happened.

-It's enough, Aaron! I'm sick of your behavior towards Taehyun; I've seen enough of this. – My mother spoke bitterly. She stood up from the chair and walked in front of my father. -I won't accept the way you treated our child. How can you tie him up? He's just a kid! – My mother said, upset.

-Elena, come on! Taehyun already grew up! He's a man, and he must act like one. – My father declared before looking at me. -And your friend, she ran away. That girl made the right choice to get out of this kingdom; we'll prevent any other chaotic distress with that girl out of here. – My father spoke, making my blood boil.

I didn't answer and stood quiet, but I could see how small fragments of snow started to fall on my father's spot, and soon enough, they turned into sharp pieces of ice. I began to hurt him, making my mother look at me worriedly.

-Taehyun, stop! You don't have to be this way. – My mother said before walking towards me, and then she held my hand. I glanced at my mother before exhaling, and briefly, the ice vanished.

-You tried to kill me! – My father exclaimed, making me stand up from the bed and faced him fearlessly.

-You are the cause of everything I do, father. So, stop provoking me. This time Hazel Reid was the one you chose as a target to hurt me. But there won't be another shot; I promise to stop you and get the peace back to this land. – I said sternly, and then I walked out of the room without looking back.

I turned my hands into fists while walking through the hallway, and then I got inside my room. I observed the mess that was around, bringing back the memories of last night. Gradually, my eyes focused on Hazel's paintings, making me reminisce all of the moments we shared.

-System repair. – I moved my hand while pointing at the window and the clutter inside the room. The spell automatically repaired and organized the place, and in a matter of seconds, everything looked brand-new.

I sat down on the corner of my bed while looking outside. My head was still thinking about Hazel, even though a part of me knows that I should let go of her.

I'll remember you as someone "special." I'm sorry for not helping you stay.