Chapter 8: The New Way

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Glacial Tower

*Two days later*

-Taehyun's POV-

A few days passed by after Hazel's departure. I haven't found anything that can wake me up from the bitter reality, and even though the new school year it's about to start, I can't find any motivation. The magic school here at the principal city of Rossview Icelands goes by the name "Vality Institute." Most of the people from Northwall go there. But the rest of the villages from the kingdom, such as Snowglen and Winter Vault, have their magic schools.

I should have the best grades because I'm the prince of Rossview. Yet, last year that didn't happen since I ditched most of the lessons; after all, I didn't find anything that caught my attention. However, Jisung keeps insisting; he wants me to get back this year. According to him, there are better subjects and professors. But honestly, I don't have my thoughts on magic anymore. I guess I lost interest after noticing how my father ruled this kingdom. And now, I've given up on developing my powers to their maximum since Hazel isn't here with me anymore.

*Current time – Morning*

Right now, I'm inside the Glacial Tower with Jisung. He brought me here since there are "things" he needed to show me, but it seems that what Jisung wants it's to cheer up my spirits. I've wandered through my thoughts. In the meanwhile, Jisung was talking about the potion class we might have this year. His words only helped me to realize the things I've missed by skipping the lessons last year.

-Come on, Taehyun! You have to help me out in here, buddy. – Jisung complained before looking at me, annoyed. -Hazel Reid is okay; she already contacted you and said that she's back home. So, stop thinking about her. – Jisung reminded me before I took a deep breath.

-I'm glad about that, but I don't know how to move on from Hazel. She clearly didn't have any feelings for me because she went away effortlessly. – I remarked, upset.

-Love comes and goes. You shouldn't get stuck with just one person when there's a bunch of people waiting to get some love. – Jisung stated before standing in front of the table between us. Then he held my hand and smiled. -I'm not saying that you should forget about Hazel Reid, but what I'm trying to say is that you must focus on your life. – Jisung sincerely spoke.

-You are right. I suppose I should move on and worry about the kingdom and me. – I deduced, making Jisung smiled at me. -Okay, so, tell me more about these classes. – I said, paying attention to Jisung.

He excitedly grinned before taking out the calendar for the upcoming school year, and then he placed some books on the table.

-This year will have exciting subjects, nothing like the last year where we had like five hours of magic history per week, which was entirely useless. We all know that everything the teacher taught us was fake. – Jisung pointed out, making me chuckle slightly. -Now, we have subjects like the Enchantments' class, potions, herbalism, music, and dueling. – Jisung said while looking at the schedule.