Chapter 14: Untold Stories

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Northwall. – Julie's home.

-Taehyun's POV-

Julie continued to chuckle after bothering me. I snickered while smiling at her playful approach, but suddenly, the sound of a door opening made us stop. I stood silent before Julie waited for someone to speak, so she walked out of the kitchen to see who entered her house. Immediately, I grabbed my sword and hid inside the storage room while waiting for any other sound.

-Father, what are you doing here? I thought you left last night. – Julie spoke while bringing his father to the kitchen.

-King Kang wanted me to come to check the forest surroundings. Various wild animals are trying to cross to the city, so he asked for help to scared them away. – Julie's father explained.

My father wouldn't ask for help only to get wild animals away; after all, my mother can communicate with them without problems.

-Oh, which forest was it? – Julie questioned.

-The Celestial Woods. – Julie's father replied before clearing out his throat. -I saw a royal horse outside the cabin. So, is there something you want to tell me, Nae Julie? – Her father sternly questioned.

-King Kang sent some royal nights to guard the city, so one of them asked me to take care of his horse. – Julie explained, attempting to sound credible.

-Royal knights in Northwall, huh? Alright, I'll go now to finish some tasks; I only came to tell you that Young Lin might appear in this city. – Julie's father pointed out.

-Yes, thank you, father. – Julie politely answered before I hear footsteps.

The Celestial Woods are calm ever since my mother began to take care of the area. So, I wonder what Crystal Hall's intentions are by sending royal knights to Northwall.

I heard the door closing. Briefly, someone started to run in my direction. The access from the storage room got opened, and Julie looked at me before I got out.

-How did you know I was there? – I asked, confused.

-I deduced it since you disappeared so quickly. – Julie said before looking at me. -Did you hear everything? – She asked.

-Yes. Did you ask about the forest on purpose? – I questioned, which Julie nodded for in response.

-I knew you were inside the storage room, so I wanted you to hear everything and then hear your thoughts about the matter. – Julie admitted before we sat down on the stools from the table.

-Well, I did find it slightly odd. The Celestial Woods don't cause trouble after my mother began to take care of it, and my father wouldn't call royal knights for such a small problem. – I disclosed, thinking through every detail I heard from Julie's father.