Chapter 20: Unclear Connection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Permafrost Castle.

-Taehyun's POV-

The plants continued to glow with the same color despite the constant blinking I'm making, which intrigued me right away. I got closer to the flowers while activating the fourth divine power, attempting to guess what it wants me to do. I examined the withered flowers and the dry bush leaves, not understanding why it keeps glowing. Briefly, I ghosted my hand over it while concentrating on the sad look of the bush. Out of the blue, the leaves began to return to life, and the flowers thrived.

What is this power?

I got confused by the sudden discovery before a symbol appeared above the bush, making me remember that I saw it in a book. Without hesitating more, I got inside the kitchen, closed the door, and ran towards the library as fast as possible. I crossed the hallway while having this odd sensation; I felt relieved and happy to know that I can help Julie.

After a few seconds, I got inside the library, causing Haeun and Julie to look back at me. I awkwardly smiled due to my behavior, then composing myself before clearing out my throat.

-Haeun, thank you for taking care of Ms. Nae. – I kindly said while smiling at her.

-My pleasure, Prince Taehyun. – Haeun bowed before walking out of the library. And as soon as she left, I rushed to get the book I previously read.

I searched for the page that mentions the fourth divine power and the execution of some unique spells it holds. Shortly, I found the symbol I saw above the bushes, making me stop to read the page.

Sorrow Fix. The spell that cures "withering" is a term used for those sorcerers with a deep connection with nature. This condition occurs when the subject feels melancholic, creating a dull color in their magic, replacing the natural one. This state resembles the flower's withering.

After reading the page, I looked at Julie, confused. She also glanced my way, waiting for me to say something to her. But instead, I walked to her and held her arm ere activating the fourth divine power again.

-What are you doing? – Julie asked, but I didn't respond and created the symbol above Julie's wrist, then casting the spell.

-Sorrow Fix. – I spoke before pushing the symbol against Julie's skin, which immediately caused the color to vanish, soon returning to its original tone.

I put my hand away, letting Julie's hand down. But then, I stared at her, trying to see if there was a difference in her emotions.

-How are you feeling? – I asked while deactivating my elemental power.

-I feel calmer than before, and I sense a happy feeling inside me. What did you do? – Julie curiously asked while looking at me.

-Your condition got named "Withering." It only appears when a nature sorcerer feels melancholic, and the cure it's the spell called "Sorrow Fix." – I explained before crossing my arms, still staring at Julie. -And now, I can deduce that your magic got contaminated due to your melancholy. – I pointed out, waiting for an explanation from Julie's side.

-Withering? Hmm, how odd. – Julie thoughtfully said before taking a deep breath, then returning her attention to the books on the desk. -My magic wasn't wrong; I felt sorrowful after you arrived at my house. – Julie admitted while placing the books on a small pile, taking her time to speak about her problems.

-What is it, Ah Jul? – I questioned as I helped her to organize the books around the shelves.

-I didn't enjoy Young Lin's arrival, and I also didn't expect to see him so soon. My father told me that he was coming, but I thought he would take some time. – Julie revealed while placing the books in their place. Then, we moved to another shelf as she continued to explain. -Young Lin came to threaten me, but he mentioned other relevant things for us. Though I was grateful for the information I got, I still rather not see him again. – Julie spoke before looking at me, finally ending the book organization.

-What did he tell you? – I asked, soon picturing the dream I had about Julie inside my head. Due to it, I began to press my hands tightly, causing my knuckles to turn white by the pressure.

-Hey! Hey, it's okay! – Julie worriedly said before taking my hand, causing me to focus on her instead of the nightmare. Julie caressed it gently, trying to calm me down. -I can deal with Young Lin; you don't have to worry about it, Taehyun. – Julie honestly spoke while staring at me.

I shook my head. -What if you can't? Huh? – I questioned, briefly letting my impulses talk for me, causing me to hold Julie's shoulders. I kept my distance close while looking into her eyes.

-Did I worry you "this" much? – Julie asked, which I nodded for in response.

Julie sighed at my words before keeping her eyes on mine, and then she raised her hand, doubtfully reaching my face. But as I noticed that she kept hesitating to touch my cheek, I grabbed her hand and placed it where Julie desired. Then, I closed my eyes and breathed calmly.

-Did you give me the love spray? Huh, Ah Jul? – I questioned, making Julie snicker at my words.

-You are only worried, but you cured me. What is happening it's momentarily. – Julie claimed, but I shook my head before holding her hand on my cheek. -Yes, it is, Taehyun. Take it slow, your majesty; I know you are still hurting after what happened with Hazel. – Julie spoke, causing me to open my eyes and look at her with indifference.

-Julie, I'm not using you to forget her. – I remarked, not wanting Julie to misunderstand my feelings.

-I know, but I still want you to take your time. Alright? – Julie spoke before smiling at me.

-Right. – I hummed before looking away from Julie.

-Taehyun, I still have to tell you what Young Lin mentioned. – Julie reminded me, which I nodded for in response.

-What is it? – I asked before glancing at Julie.

-Crystal Hall and its royal knights are planning something against the throne. Our suspicions were correct, but it seems more complex than we expected. – Julie disclosed, causing me to frown.

-Why? – I questioned, confused.

-I'm not entirely sure, but Young Lin mentioned that Crystal Hall's going to become the central city of the kingdom. – Julie sternly explained.

My father has a deep connection with Northwall since he was young. So, it became the central city of Rossview Icelands Kingdom after my father got his role as king.

I thoughtfully reviewed my ideas, trying to deduce an exact reason for the royal knights' betrayal. But before I could think further, I felt arms around me, gently wrapping me into an embrace.

-Ah Jul? – I glanced at her, confused.

-I'm sorry; I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Taehyun. I only want the best for you. – Julie admitted before closing her eyes. -Are you mad at me for what I said? – Julie questioned, causing me to smile slightly.

-No. And I understand your reasons. Perhaps you are right about my worries; after all, I did grow concerned due to your condition and Young Lin's arrival. – I spoke before sighing.

-But nothing happened, okay? And thank you for taking care of me. – Julie sincerely spoke as she kept holding me tight as I finally returned the affection, wrapping her figure around my arms.

You are the piece I needed to feel at ease; however, I understand that I have to take my time to heal and forget.