Chapter 15: Pure Flaws

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Taehyung's POV-

I took the letter between my hands, examining every corner of the paper. I didn't think I would be so hesitant; after all, it's a note from Hazel. I don't know what the interior might say or what Julie asked Hazel to write. So, before opening the parchment paper, I looked up to see Julie.

-Ah Jul, what did you write for Hazel? – I soberly asked.

-I only asked your friend to write something to you. I didn't mention that you are missing her; however, I told Miss Reid to inform you about her safety. – Julie explained, which I nodded for in response.

-It's been so long. At least for me. And I never thought I would hesitate to open something coming from Hazel. – I thoughtfully murmured before glancing back at the letter.

-Your majesty, I don't know what type of bond you had with Miss Reid. But if you let me say something, I can give you some advice. – Julie politely said.

-Go ahead. – I replied.

Julie nodded before placing her tea on the table. -I believe Miss Reid had strong reasons to return home, and I can imagine that she already knew that her home wasn't here in Rossview Icelands Kingdom. People make their choices depending on what matters the most. – Julie disclosed, she wanted to continue, but I stopped her. I raised my hand, ordering for Julie to stay silent.

Then, without hesitating more, I opened the parchment paper, unrolling it to read the letter.

"Taehyun.

I heard from one of your friends that you wanted to hear about me. I'm sorry that I haven't contacted you since I left; however, I've stayed busy after my arrival to the kingdom. There's nothing else to say about my plans. You already know that I worked for the palace, which I still do nowadays. The royal family received me well, and my friend has a better life on this side.

Taehyun. I know that you waited for this letter to come your way; after all, your flaws come through the image you try exposing to others. You love too deeply, and you are very stubborn. So, I ask you to move on from what happened between us, and if you ever had feelings for me, throw them away. Keep the remembrance of our friendship if one day we meet again, but start a new life and love someone else like you once did with me.

Your life is still yours, so don't live it where I stand. I wish every night for your happiness and health, but I also want to see you moving on to something and someone better. Now, worry about yourself and the people you love. Try to leave behind what happened in the past and open a new future for you. Thank you for all the adventures and fun times we shared, but now, let's walk our different paths and hope we can meet again.

-Hazel."

I felt some tears running down my cheeks while my hands continued to hold the parchment paper tightly. Somehow, Hazel's words hit me like an arrow, even though I expected this ending between us. Suddenly, I felt a soft cloth underneath my eyes, making me look towards Julie.

-Ah Jul. – I murmured while staring at her.

-It's alright, your majesty. Words can hurt sometimes, but I sincerely believe that your friend wants you to live happily. – Julie spoke, trying to comfort me with her subtle smile.

-Did you read the letter? – I asked while Julie continued to dry my tears.

-No. Miss Reid sent me another note to me, saying that I should take care of you once the letter landed on your hands. – Julie explained, placing the cloth away from my face.

-Did she say something else? – I mournfully asked.

-Miss Reid mentioned your flaws to me. Honestly, I find them sincere and pure for a member of the royal family. – Julie admitted, causing me to chuckle slightly.

-Ah Jul, can't I be a sensitive prince? – I questioned while drying the last few tears with my sleeves.

-Of course, you can, your majesty. But I always thought of you like the mischievous and clever prince. – Julie revealed, making me smile at her.

-I used to get in trouble for making pranks around the institute, didn't I? – I questioned while remembering the old days.

-Nobody knew that you were part of the royal family because of your behavior. I only realized it when I saw the books you carried around. – Julie disclosed.

-Did you watch me back then? – I asked, surprised.

-Hmm, not all the time. I was curious where you came from, so I watched you for some days. – Julie admitted, making her giggle slightly. -Your majesty, I promise I won't stalk you again. But you are very mysterious sometimes. – Julie mentioned, which I snickered for in response.

-Ah Jul, I'm an open book. What are you talking about, huh? – I questioned, making Julie laugh more. I joined her laughter before rolling the paper and placing it away. Julie stopped before serving me more tea.

-Your majesty, the school year is closer than you can imagine. So, try to enjoy the spare time you have before returning to your studies. – Julie suggested me before placing the small bowl in front of me.

I smiled before drinking some more, then taking a deep breath. -Do you think it's worth it? Should I return to my studies? – I questioned.

-Of course, why wouldn't you? – Julie answered.

-I couldn't protect Hazel from my father's rules and manners. So, how am I going to take care of an entire kingdom? – I spoke, feeling slightly upset.

-Your majesty, Miss Reid decided to leave before anything worse could happen. And she also had the plan of doing so regardless of the King's threat. – Julie pointed out.

-Hazel wanted to leave; you are right. I guess I never thought of it as something serious; after all, I thought we would stand together until the end. – I said, reminiscing the moments I lived with Hazel.

-Your majesty, don't struggle anymore; you will feel more pain if you keep remembering the past. Go back home, take a shower, and have some rest. There's nothing you can do right now. – Julie spoke, which I nodded for in response, knowing that her words are right.

-Alright. Thanks for the tea and the comfort, Ah Jul. – I sincerely spoke before standing up, briefly walking with Julie towards the entrance of her house.

-I'm glad that you could stay with me, your majesty. – Julie politely said, then she opened the door for me while keeping a subtle smile on her face.

-Goodnight, Ah Jul. – I grinned back at her.

-Goodnight, your majesty. Taehyun. – Julie slightly chuckled, causing me to smile wider.

Shortly after, I walked away from the door and jumped on my horse's back. I glanced back at Julie, slightly chortling by the emotions lingering inside me. Then, I rode away while Julie watched me leave her place.

I love too deeply, and I'm very stubborn. How did you know that, Hazel? I never told you any of my flaws before. I guess you always knew about my feeling for you, but it was evident that you never thought of a future between us. It's alright; I will move on and live a better life.