Chapter 22: Prince's Desires

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Permafrost Castle.

*Moments later*

-Taehyun's POV-

Discretely, I guided Julie to Permafrost's basement, trying to avoid any misstep along the way. When we crossed the hallways, I noticed that my father is still in the meeting lounge, and more royal knights were getting inside the room. I immediately ignored it since my goal was to get towards the basement and find more information about Crystal Hall; how the Rossview Icelands Kingdom was before my father took control of the nation.

According to Julie, before my family took place in the royalty spectrum, Crystal Hall was the central city of the kingdom, and everything appeared prosperous to the residents of the capital. However, when my father became king, he changed the primary town and determined that Northwall would be the new nation's capital. I remember when I heard my mother talking about this matter with one of her friends; nevertheless, I believed it wasn't accurate until now.

Currently, Julie and I are searching for clues inside the basement. There are several boxes and chests that I've never seen, causing me to believe that my kingdom also has secrets I didn't acknowledge before.

-There are so many things around here. – Julie mentioned while looking through the pile of boxes on the corner.

-Yes. It is strange if you ask me. – I admitted before crossing my arms, glancing at every part of the room.

-Why do you say that, your majesty? – Julie asked, confused. She immediately stopped her actions and looked back at me.

-I believe that if the secret has any physical form, the simplest object might hide something of high value. – I disclosed before my eyes saw a pile of books on a table. Instantly, I walked towards it and began looking through the titles, trying to find something unusual.

Julie came and stood by my side, watching the books as I put them away. I continued to check until I found a gold and black cover, which is extensive and has several pages inside. Quickly, I placed the rest of the books away and focused on the one in my hand, shortly reading the title and feeling its cover.

-The Rossview Icelands Kingdom and the history of the ice element. – I read before opening the book and then checking the index of it.

-Here! Central city's registration. It's on page one hundred sixty-eight. – Julie said while pointing at the title in the book.

I changed the page and landed on a different area of the book. There are charts with registrations of the central cities from the Rossview Icelands Kingdom. Several dates were familiar when others were hard to identify.