Chapter 10: Arcane Throne

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Northwall

*Later that day*

-Taehyun's POV-

We rode back to the principal city of the kingdom. And throughout our way there, we kept talking about ourselves. Julie shared the conditions of the town of "Crystal Hall" and told me everything she knew concerning the royal knights over in her hometown. I didn't ask for any information, but she felt that it was necessary to let me know what happens around the kingdom. I thanked Julie for it; after all, her words helped me to remember that I still have to do some research on the "Downfall of The Realms." The war that took "Far Lands" into a chaotic division between kingdoms.

Currently, Julie and I are riding calmly while going to her house. It is close to us, and it seems that it took us the rest of the day to arrive since the day turned to night in a couple of minutes.

-We are here. – Julie said while stopping her horse. I got beside her before looking at the house in front of me. By the looks of it, the style is classic; the brick walls on the second-floor part that matches with the deep brown color of the first floor; flowerpots in front of the broad windows. And the fence around the front yard of the house, which is spacious enough for the horse.

-Your house looks cozy. That's great for this time of the year. – I said while staring at the building.

-It keeps me from getting a cold, which is always pleasant. By the way, thank you for staying with me, prince. – Julie sincerely spoke before bowing with her head.

I bowed back. -I'm grateful to you as well. And if you need anything after today, you know where to find me. – I smiled at Julie.

-At the Permafrost Castle? – Julie questioned.

I chuckled. -At the Ethereal Hill, of course. But you are always welcome in the castle, too. I try to stay away from home as much as possible, but that's a story for another day. – I sighed before looking around the street.

-Sure, it is! I hope you can tell me about it later, and I'll share more enchantments as payback. – Julie assured me.

-That's a deal I won't decline. – I said before we chuckled slightly.

-Well, thanks for today. And goodnight. – Julie smiled.

-Anytime! And have a good night. – I spoke before I started to ride away from Julie's house.

Back home, I guess.

-Come on, girl. Let's go back home. – I said while caressing my horse's side, and after that, I led the way to the castle.

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Permafrost Castle

*Nighttime*

I got back after riding for some minutes. After that, I took care of my horse, gave it food and water, brushed its hair a bit, and took the saddle and the equipment off. Then, I got inside the castle and walked through the hallways until I reached the library. I wanted to start searching for information about the "downfall of the realms." The books we have at home aren't the same like the ones I read at the institute since they share the complete version of the history of Far Lands and the four kingdoms.

I took a couple of books that I found helpful, and then I placed them inside my bag. But before I could continue reviewing the books, I heard footsteps coming my way. I immediately walked towards the enchantment books area and took out any volume from the shelf.

-Taehyun, I didn't hear you coming inside the castle. – My mother said while stepping into the room.

-Oh, yes. I arrived a few minutes ago, just as you told me, mother. – I assured her while holding the book in the palm of my hand.

-That's good. And I see that you are starting to read again. – My mother said while looking at the book I'm holding.

-I want to be ready for the coming school year. – I spoke before leaving the book back on the self. -But it's late, and I should get inside my room before father comes home. – I pointed out while walking towards the entrance. My mother got towards the restricted part of the bookshelves and left some books she was carrying.

-Okay, dear. If you are hungry, dinner it's in the kitchen. – My mother told me.

-Yes, thank you, mother. – I bowed before going out of the library.

That was close.

I took a deep breath before going towards my room. I hurried the pace, reached my bedroom, and opened the door. I closed it and got towards my bed. I took the "special" flower Julie gave me and placed it on my bedside table.

-I have to be careful with you. Julie told me to keep you safe. – I said while placing it above my pile of books, and shortly after, I returned my attention to the rest of the things inside my bag.

-Okay, you are "The Four Realms Agreement." – I said while reading the title of the book. -I heard my mother talking about it with Eve. Well, I guess I'm going to find out about it. – I said before opening the book.

*Next morning*

I felt the sun's rays hitting my face while a soft breeze ghosted over me. I slightly yawned before looking around me, and there's when I noticed that I slept while reading the book I stole. I rubbed my eye right after and then tried to concentrate my attention on the things I learned last night. According to this book, "The Four Realms Agreement" was a treaty made between the four kingdoms in Far Lands. It wanted to make peace prosper and share the five divine powers all over the territory, remarking the bond that once existed across the region. The book continued to explain how each kingdom works along with the element of magic they hold, and there's when I slept.

I still don't have enough information about the story, so I'll contact the princes when I know more.

I shook my head slightly before noticing how an owl appeared on my window. I sighed before taking the parchment that it's holding on its pick. Briefly, I opened it.

"Your majesty, sorry for bothering you so early, but my father sent me an owl last night after you left. I have to tell you important information about Crystal Hall and the royal knights. Please, come to the Ethereal Hill as soon as you can." – Nae Julie.

What?

Without hesitation, I took my bag and placed the book that I was reading along with the other one I took last night. After that, I started to get ready to go out. I dressed casually, but with cozy and warm clothes since today feels colder than other days. Once I fixed my hair and got my stuff with me, I whistled for the owl to come. I noticed it has a medallion hanging from its neck, so I looked at it.

-Harry. That's your name, huh? Well, let's go to see your owner, Harry. – I spoke before opening the door of the room while Harry stood on my shoulder.

What did Julie mean with "information about Crystal Hall?" Is there something happening behind the king's back? I hope not. I don't want to lose my faith in the throne, like the majority of our people.