Chapter 1: The Ice Kingdom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Taehyun's POV-

Such a beautiful place destined to hold me as a prisoner. The icy mountains, forests, and land are the only things I can see every day, and the exploration far from this kingdom goes beyond the law. I spend my days away from the castle since my parents never need me close to them; I feel like a useless prince that can't serve his country due to immoral rules that got made by the king.

It is my home, and I hate it. My friends from the other kingdoms feel the same as I do, but at least Prince Kai has a brother that can listen to him when times get ugly. I believe that Prince Soobin it's the perfect match for him, but they always argue with me when I bring that up.

It's sad to think about it; after all, I haven't contacted them for weeks.

Rossview Icelands Kingdom – Northwall.

*Current time*

I'm walking around the central city of the kingdom. I usually check how my people are doing and see if I can do anything for them. I don't know what else to do when my father doesn't allow me to make decisions.

As I'm looking around, I could tell that someone was staring at me, which made me chuckle since I know who might be close.

-Reid; that won't work with me. – I smirked while crossing my arms.

-Alright, Prince. I won't try to scare you again. – Hazel Reid, one of my closest friends, spoke.

I patted her head before chuckling slightly. -Stop calling me "prince;" I hate when you call me that way. – I told her.

-Okay, but answer me something. – Hazel looked at me. -What are you doing here? You said that you wouldn't come. – Hazel questioned, confused.

-I wanted to come and see the city. – I admitted. -And I hope you don't have bad news about the locals. – I spoke while looking back at her.

-You would know about the problems of each village if you went to the institute. – Hazel stated.

-Reid, we already talked about that. I won't go; I don't want to give satisfaction to my father. – I stated, upset. -Plus, you don't go either. – I reminded her.

-My situation is different, and shut up, people can hear you. – Hazel looked at me seriously.

-You are under my watch, and so, nobody will say anything to you. – I vowed, being completely honest with my words.

-Taehyun, you can say that all you want, but once the king discovers that I'm not from this kingdom, he'll kick me out. – Hazel replied, almost as a whisper.