Chapter 25: Protection of A Heart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Permafrost Castle.

-Taehyun's POV-

As soon as Julie went away, I turned around to walk towards my parents. They are still arguing while I'm jogging to get to their spot. And even though I know what they are speaking about, I can't grasp my father's attitude. After all, I met Julie without my mother's help. It wasn't a plan to get to know each other. It just happened.

I deactivated my powers while climbing the stairs, soon standing next to my mother.

-What's going on? – I sternly asked while looking at my father.

-What happened is your mother's fault! How did you meet her apprentice? – My father asked, upset.

-It shouldn't matter to you what I do and stop doing. You better focus on what's happening around the kingdom; instead of reviewing my life to decide whether you like it or not. – I solemnly answered, causing my mother to look at me, concerned.

-Taehyun. – My mother scolded me.

-I'm sorry, mother, but I won't let my father mistreat you, not again. – I claimed, not looking away from my father.

-Ha! Now, you feel powerful because you have the fourth divine power. Don't you? – My father questioned between snickers. -Son, let me tell you something, you aren't strong. Why do you think I never took you in as a royal knight? I could have changed the rules, but you haven't proven to me that you have what it takes. – My father mentioned. His words immediately caused me to look at him angrily, but I still tried to control my impulses.

-No. You don't take me in as a royal knight because you are jealous of how the fourth divine power chose me at this age. And do you know why? It is because I want this kingdom to prosper, protect it like you aren't doing right now. – I disclosed, making my mother hold my arm.

-Taehyun, stop it now. Please. – My mother said, causing me to look at her.

-Mother, get inside. It's for your sake. – I worriedly said while holding her hand, grasping my arm. She immediately understood my words, causing her to step away and look back at my father.

-When are you going to realize your mistakes? You are taking this family down with you, and if you can't lead us, how will you face a kingdom? – My mother questioned while looking at my father, disappointed. And then, she walked away, briefly entering the castle.

-You are becoming like your mother, Taehyun. How she feels about me, it's the same way you are picturing me in your mind. But let me tell you something, nobody knows my position. – My father claimed, clearly showing more anger.

-My mother is only telling you the truth. And if you want us to understand you, let us help you. – I earnestly responded.

He scoffed. -Do you know why I fight with your mother so frequently? It is due to her beliefs and how she sees the world. Your mother is just like your friend; they want all the kingdoms to unite. – My father disclosed, causing me to frown.