Chapter 5: Acclaim & Confront

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom - Northwall

-Taehyun's POV-

I'm standing in front of Hazel while looking at her in the eyes. And as I hold her hand, I'm attempting to keep my emotions away from overflowing. After watching Hazel sacrifice herself for someone else, it made me realize that this world isn't what it used to be, and it makes me more afraid to lose somebody.

-Please, stay here in Rossview. I can't let you go because if you go, I won't have anybody else. – I said worriedly. -I promise you that if you stay, I won't tease you so much, and I'll stop scaring you. But please, don't go. – I begged as I could feel my tears on the border of my eyes.

Hazel sighed before leaving the flowers inside the kitchen, and then she came back to me and caressed my hair.

-Even if I stay, I would be in danger. Tae, I have to go before your father finds me. – Hazel stated while looking at me, concerned.

I snuggled against Hazel's touch while closing my eyes, and then I shook my head slightly. -I let my father know that I'm the one who holds the divine power. So, he won't attempt to hurt you. – I revealed as a murmur.

-What? Taehyun, the king is going to come for you. Don't you see it?! – Hazel spoke worriedly before hitting my chest slightly. -Your father will seal you away and find a way to get the power off you. – She stated before sighing frustratedly.

-You shouldn't worry about me. I know how to protect myself. – I assured Hazel before smiling at her. -Will you stay? At least until your friend heals. – I asked overly.

-Alright. But you know that I've got to go. Right? – Hazel questioned, concerned.

I nodded before taking a deep breath; I leaned closer to Hazel and kissed her head.

-I must go back to the castle. My father might want explanations, but if you need anything, you know where to find me. – I told Hazel while smiling slightly.

-Alright. – Hazel nodded before I walked towards the entrance of her house, but before I could go, she called my name. -Taehyun, take care, okay? – She looked at me worriedly.

-Of course. – I said before getting out of the house, and then I walked towards my horse and rode to the castle.

*Moments later*

Making a king furious wasn't the smartest idea I ever had, but it was that or letting him cause a massacre in front of our people. I needed to act quickly, and that was the only thing that came into my mind; protect the ones who live under the king's rules.

My mother and my father are here with me. Both of them are arguing about what happened in the city. My mother is defending my actions as my father is trying to accuse me of treason. I'm standing there without anything to say; after all, I want to control myself since I know that my father might attack the Hampdows Lush Kingdom after discovering Hazel's nature.

-I should accuse both of treason to this nation! – My father shouted, upset. -You also knew about Taehyun's friend, her origin, and what she can do to our kingdom. – My father said directly to my mother.

-That girl is humble as anyone can be! And if I protected Hazel Reid from you, it's because you only see our people as followers and not like mortals with emotions and dreams. – My mother defended, becoming angrier with each word she said.

-Elena, there are rules we need to follow! It's for our protection. – My father stated while looking at my mother.

I scoffed. -Protection? You wanted to make a public execution in front of our people! Imagine what would've happened if the Hampdows Lush Kingdom found out about it. A war between us would arise again! – I spoke sternly, looking at my father pretty annoyed.

My father didn't say anything but looked back at my mother. -Did you know that he's the one who holds the divine power? – He asked her.

My mother nodded. -I deduced it after I saw our son going out of the castle earlier this day. – My mother admitted before looking at me. -And I'm proud that someone was worth the immense power of our element. – My mother smiled at me, making my worries go away.

-Taehyun, you aren't the one who should hold that power. You are way too sentimental. – My father stated, making my mother upset.

-You are just saying that because the power didn't choose you. The element hasn't found somebody who could protect it, and that's why we never had control over it until now. – My mother defended me before standing by my side.

-Shut up, Elena! – My father shouted.

-Hey! Don't dare to talk to my mother that way! – I fiercely stood in front of my mother.

-Son, it's okay. Your father can't handle the truth of this situation. – My mother spoke, unsettled while still looking at my father. -You are destroying this family, dear. I hope you can find your peace before you do something you'll regret. – My mother told my father.

The king was at last speechless, and he looked away with shame. After that, my mother took my hand and guided me out of the room. Both started to walk through the hall, but I could sense that she was anxious.

-What is it, mother? – I asked, concerned.

-My boy, I'll make sure that Hazel Reid and her friend are safe. But I'm becoming worried about you. – My mother disclosed before glancing at me. -Why did you tell your father about the divine power? – She asked, confused.

-I got enraged after seeing what he did at the plaza. I couldn't control my emotions; I'm sorry. – I sighed worriedly. -Are you sure that Hazel is going to be alright? – I asked my mother, looking at her to meet, eye to eye.

My mother smiled and nodded. -I won't let your father hurt any of your friends. But I want you to be careful and stop trying to confront your father. – My mother told me, upset.

-But mother—

She interrupted me. -Son, I know your father better than you do. So, for once, keep your distance from the royal knights and him. – My mother insisted, which I answered to with a nod.

-Alright. Then, I'll head out to see if I can do something else. May I? – I questioned.

-Yes, but don't come back late. – My mother smiled before kissing my head.

I nodded before walking away from my mother. As soon as I turned the corner, I ran outside the castle and began to follow the path to the Glacial Tower.

I have to inform the princes of Hampdows about what happened today in my kingdom. I want them to know that their people are safe, but we need a plan to bring together the four realms for once and for all.

I took my horse and started to ride with the only objective to do the right thing. Even though my kingdom calls me a traitor, I'll do what I need to do to bring all nations together and find out the secrets behind our history.