Chapter 27: Forgotten Stories

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rossview Icelands Kingdom: Permafrost Castle.

*Moments later*

-Taehyun's POV-

The night continued to pass as I stood by Julie's side, remaining in the same place while calming her down. Nobody said anything for the longest time, yet Julie's head rested on my shoulder as I caressed her hand. Our actions spoke volumes for us when words weren't enough, and fortunately, the silence helped Julie ease her mind. I softly hummed from time to time, hoping to make her feel less stressed after everything that happened tonight.

Currently, we still are in the same position while keeping each other close this evening. However, I could tell Julie's anxiousness faded; somehow, our nearness helped her feel better. Therefore, I looked at Julie and noticed her eyes closed. My smile appeared after seeing her so calm. And to admire her better, I brushed her hair away from her face. Immediately, my actions caused Julie to blush, making me chuckle slightly at her expression.

-I thought you were asleep. – I softly spoke while smiling at Julie. Then, she opened her eyes and shook her head while glancing back at me.

-Whenever I think of my mother, I can't sleep at all. – Julie said before releasing a long sigh. -A historian's life isn't easy, but I never understood until now. And I still can't believe my father killed my mother without questioning his actions, without thinking twice. – Julie spoke, disappointment showing across her gaze.

-People choose according to their deepest desires, and with each decision, they end revealing their true selves further. – I stated while averting my sigh from Julie.

-Perhaps your statement isn't mistaken about my father; however, I can't wrap my head to think that way just yet. – Julie admitted before pressing my hand slightly tighter. -When my mother traveled around the kingdoms, she came back with the most amazing stories, and she never failed to describe the beauty of each region. My father never agreed with my mother's job, even though the Four Realms Agreement was still ongoing. – Julie disclosed. Her words immediately captured my attention, making me lift my head as I began to organize my thoughts.

-Crystal Hall always had a feud with the kingdom, even before the "Downfall of The Realms." Correct? – I questioned, which Julie nodded for in response. -The citizens from Crystal Hall always had a reason to fight against the royal family; after all, my father changed their place as the kingdom's principal city for Northwall. – I thoughtfully said before looking at Julie, immediately reading her eyes. Both of us are thinking the same thing.

-Do you believe Crystal Hall had something to do with the "Downfall of The Realms?" – Julie questioned, which I nodded for in response. But before we could continue talking, the door from the room opened, revealing my mother behind it.

Did my mother listen to our conversation just now?

My mother closed the doors behind her before approaching our side. Then, she sat on the armchair while looking at us with a subtle smile.

-Mother? – I looked at her, confused.

-I thought you were awake, so I wanted to come and talk with you. – Mother said before looking at us. -Young Lin already drank the antidote to forget you are a hybrid; however, after witnessing what happened tonight, I have to be honest at last. You need to know why you are connected. – Mother disclosed, causing Julie to glance at me, perplexed.

-We were right; we are somehow related. – Julie mentioned. My mother nodded before placing her hands together, letting them rest on her dress.

-Taehyun, I'm sure you already noticed how the fourth divine power is the only magic that can cure Julie's withering. The reason behind it comes from the origins of your energy. – Mother explained before forming two icy orbs, both showing different sceneries. One is showing how I obtained my powers when I was a kid. And the other one resembling Julie as a child and how she discovered her potential. -Both of you went to The Ethereal Hill when you were young, touched the cold water from the streams, and obtained your powers through a blinding, small orb. – My mother described. Her words, now showing on the icy orbs on her hands. Briefly, she vanished them and looked at us again.

-We found The Ethereal Hill when we argued earlier this day. – Julie pointed out.

-The Ethereal Hill is hard to find, but for us isn't because our energy guides us to its location. – I deduced, which my mother nodded for in response.

-The Ethereal Hill is your secret place, and when the time requires it, the energy held in the streams might help you to restore your bond. – Mother explained before looking outside through the window. -It is so rare to see the protector falling in love with its hybrid. When I discovered my powers, I couldn't count on any sorcerer to help me when withering. Therefore, I learned to save myself with herbalism; that's why I asked your mother to let me be your teacher. – Mother revealed before glancing back at Julie.

Julie and I stared at each other, not knowing what to say at the moment. However, I noticed relief in her eyes, making me believe Julie's grateful to hear my mother's words.

-Did you know about this before? – I asked Julie, judging from the look on her eyes.

-I suspected some parts, but not all of it. – Julie admitted before we gazed back at my mother.

-You two have to be careful from now on. Sorcerers can be selfish and envy your connection since it makes you more powerful. Yet, don't let anybody stand in your way; it is the only way to move forward to prosperous times. – Mother said while smiling subtly. Then, she stood up from her seat and walked out of the room before bowing at us. And as soon as she left, Julie and I looked at each other.

-Prosperous times? – Julie questioned.

-Your mother said something similar in the letter she left you. Didn't she? – I questioned, which Julie nodded in response.

-Perhaps the queen heard our conversation regarding Crystal Hall. – Julie suggested before she held my shoulder. -Your majesty, I mean, Taehyun. I want you to know that from now onwards, I won't oppose your previous plan. Instead of lecturing you, I will stand by your side and help as much as possible. – Julie sincerely said, causing me to smile at her.

-Ah-Jul, I'm grateful for your support, but are you sure this decision is the one you want? – I asked, wanting to reassure Julie's statement before moving forward.

-Yes, I want to assist you. My mother wouldn't want me to waste my powers on only herbalism, and I crave to grant her last wish. – Julie mentioned, which I nodded for in response, understanding her reasons.

-For now, Crystal Hall is ahead of us. But just as you said, we need a team and get mightier before discovering the last pieces of the puzzle. – I pointed out.

-Jisung will help us find the right people. I also know a few sorcerers that can assist us in this plan. But we need to be careful with your father and the royal knights. – Julie spoke.

-I believe my father is busy trying to figure out Crystal Hall's intentions against the kingdom. Therefore, the royal knights might be guarding the city. – I mentioned before patting Julie's hand. She smiled at me before taking a deep breath.

-It is risky, but I trust your abilities, your majesty. – Julie teased, making me chuckle at her nickname selection.

-I'm grateful you do, but I promise nothing will happen to us. – I assured Julie before holding her cheek.

The more we investigate, the deeper we'll get into this troublesome issue. Crystal Hall is our target at the moment after hearing Young Lin reveal some secrets from his hometown.