HU - Danny

DANNY

Whoever's great idea it was to take a break and go play lazer tag hadn't seen y/n in action before. As I get my vest on I watch y/n walk innocently up to George, Jordon and Jorel and ask them how exactly they were supposed to fire the gun and get points, and with those puppy dog eyes, the three fell for it.

'Why are you smirking Danny?' Dylan asks, coming up to stand next to me since he was on a team with y/n and I.

I point at the group, 'y/n is a pro, she'll eat those shit-eating grins off their faces. Just be thankful she's on our team, Dylan.'

Dylan gulps, 'good to know.'

y/n skips on over to us grinning ear to ear and turns on her gun, 'whose ready to win?'

Dylan and I share a 'look' before giving y/n a thumbs up.

The three of us walk over to one side of the course and wait for the whistle to go off. y/n looked a little too relaxed for my liking, I had no idea what they were thinking.

-Halfway through the game-

y/n had Jordon cornered and wasn't taking any prisoners scoring us a lot of points. Let's just say George and Jorel were not expecting or pleased with the sudden turn of points in our favour. Dylan and I could have sat this game out and y/n would have won the game easily, but then she'd called us losers for letting her do all the work. Lazer tag was not my speciality, so out of the three of us, my points were the lowest on the board.

Friendly fire had been left on, and if you shot a teammate they were out.

'Little Danny all alone, no y/n to protect him,' Jorel jokes, holding his gun aimed at my chest.

y/n would kill me if I lost any points, but I didn't have the energy in me to fight back against J. However, y/n emerges from behind a corner with an evil gleam in their eyes and raises their gun before mouthing 'sorry'. I don't register what she means before my vest glows red and the words 'friendly fire you're out' comes out of a speaker.

I gasp, 'I can't believe you shot me y/n.'

y/n grins, 'all is fair in love and war Danny, now get out of here and let Dylan and I finish these idiots off.'

Jorel stares at y/n with wide eyes, 'shit you're brutal y/n.'

y/n smirks and turns her gun on J, 'yes I am, now get out of here before I shoot you as well.'

Jorel nods his head and backs off, never keeping y/n out of his sight until he rounds another corner. y/n walks up to me and hugs me before pushing me back towards the entrance with a smile.

-End of the game-

Our team won easily, y/n had the highest score, George came second and Dylan claimed third place. y/n takes off her equipment and runs over to me, nearly knocking me over in the process of trying to hug me.

'I love you, Danny.'

I laugh and hug her back, I love you and forgive you y/n. Though I think you scared J.'

y/n pulls out of the hug and glances over at J who wouldn't make eye contact with her, 'now you guys won't underestimate me again.'

Jordon slaps Jorel on the back, 'it can't have been that bad man.'

Jorel shakes his head, 'you weren't there Jordon...there was no emotion...she just shot him...'

y/n blows Jorel a kiss while the rest of the guys burst into laughter. No one would ever believe what took place except the three of us, and neither of us was going to let J live down his fear.